LoRusso/ Sabia Family Avigliano Potenza Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

LoRusso/ Sabia Family Avigliano Potenza Italy

Post by EMTLP »

Hello,
I am looking for birth, marriage and death information for
Francesco LoRusso and his wife Maria Giovanna Sabia. Both were born in Avigliano, Potenza, Italy. They are the parents of Vincenzo LoRusso b. 07 June 1866 m. 02 April 1892 in Avigliano to Isabella Maria Nardozza.

I'm hoping to use information to complete a family tree poster I am making my father for Christmas. Any information would be greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance for your help.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: LoRusso/ Sabia Family Avigliano Potenza Italy

Post by adelfio »

After looking at the birth and marriage records of Vincenzo LoRusso son of Francesco LoRusso age 32 in 1866 makes Francesco Lo Russo son of deceased Vito Nicola Lo Russo birth date abt 1834. All the parents were still alive at the time of the wedding in 1892 did you try looking through ancestry.com Potenza > Avigliano Atti di Morte indexes this will give more info on Francesco

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

I will work on that. How did you come up with Vito Nicola as Francesco's father?
Also can you translate the following. I have a death date for Maria Ippolita Telesca Margiotta as 10 Dec 1936 and found this document http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view. ... sid=&gskw= but can't read it. I'm not seeing Telesca anywhere and that would be her maiden name? Thanks, Eileen
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

This death record is for a child of 7 months ("di mesi sette")... :(
Father - Gaetano; Mother - Domenica Tripaldi
T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

After comparaso it says Francesco LoRusso fu Vito Nicola di anni trentadue
index 327 right side
click on for record

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Wow! You are good. I can't make out anything. Thank You. If I was looking for a death record for a married woman would I look in the index for her married or maiden name. I have a death date for
Maria Ippolita Telesca Margiotta 10 Dec 1936 but the record I found on that date is for a 7 month old baby?
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Thanks Tessa. I guess that can't be my g.g grandmother. I got the date from Stato Di Famiglia Originario. Marcello Rizzi L'Ufficiale D'Anagrafe Delegato
February 27, 2002

Maybe I made a typo when entering into my family tree. I will have to go and get the original documents I ordered from Italy.

Thanks again for your help.
Eileen LoRusso Poulin
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

EMTLP wrote:Wow! You are good. I can't make out anything. Thank You. If I was looking for a death record for a married woman would I look in the index for her married or maiden name. I have a death date for
Maria Ippolita Telesca Margiotta 10 Dec 1936 but the record I found on that date is for a 7 month old baby?

Under her Maiden name :-)
The record will list her parents and then her husband if she was married, either as "moglie di" (wife of) or "vedova di" (widow of)...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Perhaps this is the record you are searching for?
It is in 1936 Atti di Morti, Parte II - Serie "B" (this is at the end of the regular registrations at the back of the book)

Act #4
Maria Ippolita Telesca
Record dated 12 December 1936 at 9:30 AM at the town hall in Avigliano.
Before the official appeared the President of the "Casa di Riposo" (nursing home) to advise that at 12 noon on the 10th of the current month died MARIA IPPOLITA TELESCA, age 84, daughter of deceased CANIO and of deceased ANNA SANTORO; born in Avigliano, resident of Avigliano, widow of BARTOLOMEO MARGIOTTA.

Top right -
Click once to enlarge and again to magnify...

The record you posted for Maria Ippolita MARGIOTTA was in the same year, but 29 of February. What a coincidence!!!

T.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Index # 370
Dec 11 1905 death record of Maria Giovanna Sabia (birth abt 1834) age 71 daughter of deceased Leonardo Sabia and deceased Domenica Carlucci and widow of Francesco LoRusso all born and lived in Avigliano.
So Francesco LoRusso died between 1892-1905 if marriage record is acurate.
click on record and click to enlarge

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Index #174
July 11 1904 death record of Francesco LoRusso age 69 farmer son of deceased Vito Nicola LoRusso and deceased Domencia Maria Gulano and
wife Maria Giovanna Sabia
click for record and click to enlarge

Marty

Marty
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Thank You, Thank You Thank You! What can I say you and Tessa are angels.