Fabrizio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
santina68

Fabrizio

Post by santina68 »

Hello,
I am trying to find out information on my great great grandmother. Her name is Anna Fabrizio born 1858 in Italy. Her husband was Cosmo and he was born in 1854 in Pesche Italy. I am guessing Anna came from the same place. They had 3 children born in Italy - Diamonte in 1878, Guiseppe in 1884, and Lucia in 1886. There children Madeline in 1895 and Frank in 1896 were born in Ashtabula Ohio. I have a 1900 census with all of them living in Ashtabula. In 1903 Cosmo applied for a marriage liscense and then was married in 1904 to his second wife Lucia. I have searched for Anna's death record in Ashtabula but have found nothing. A family member thought she may have been sick and went back to Italy. It shows on the 1900 census that she came to this country in 1893 but I can find no record of that so how do I go about finding out when she left this country? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nancy
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Fabrizio

Post by suanj »

santina68 wrote:Hello,
I am trying to find out information on my great great grandmother. Her name is Anna Fabrizio born 1858 in Italy. Her husband was Cosmo and he was born in 1854 in Pesche Italy. I am guessing Anna came from the same place. They had 3 children born in Italy - Diamonte in 1878, Guiseppe in 1884, and Lucia in 1886. There children Madeline in 1895 and Frank in 1896 were born in Ashtabula Ohio. I have a 1900 census with all of them living in Ashtabula. In 1903 Cosmo applied for a marriage liscense and then was married in 1904 to his second wife Lucia. I have searched for Anna's death record in Ashtabula but have found nothing. A family member thought she may have been sick and went back to Italy. It shows on the 1900 census that she came to this country in 1893 but I can find no record of that so how do I go about finding out when she left this country? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nancy
Nancy:

if you know the birthyear of Cosmo, ask an search in Pesche birthregistries, and in this record are sure the note about marriage; so you can descover the Anna surname.. why on ellis for an Search about Anna are necessary maiden name.. I found an Cosmo Fabrizio age 35(..seems) placename Isernia, Pesche is in Isernia province in fact ...........came in USA Britannia ship March 13 1893 http://ellisisland.org/search/viewTextM ... 3109100157
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
santina68

Post by santina68 »

I believe Anna's surname was either Venditta or Venditti. How do I go about getting their marriage record in Italy?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Please to request in Pesche common-Ufficio Anagrafe the search and, if search is postive, the birth act and marriage act of Cosmo FABRIZIO born in 1854 Pesche.
This is the address:
Ufficio Anagrafe
Via A. Biondi, 53
86090 Pesche (IS)
Italy
or send an fax: +39 0865 460363

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
santina68

Post by santina68 »

Thank you so much for the information. I would really like to know what happened to Anna.

I have not had any luck finding Anna on the Ellis Island site. I have however found information on Cosmo, Diamonte, and Guiseppe through Ashtabula Probate Court, and they were all naturalized. No information though on Anna or the daughter Lucia. The 1900 Census shows them coming to this country in 1893. Where else can I look for this information?

Thank you again,
Nancy
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Nancy,

The US did not keep records of aliens who left this country. If Anna was ill, perhaps she returned to Italy and died there. I have read others post such family stories. In Italy, women never loose their maiden name. Even after marriage, their death records are recorded under their maiden name. Sometimes, both married and maiden names will be recorded. When Anna traveled to the US, she was most likely recorded under her maiden name.

YOur initial post, stated you believe she and her husband came from the same town. Follow Suanj advice and write for a birth record on Cosmo. Then, when you get that write for a marriage record. If you are confident of Anna's maiden name, you can even request a death record for her.

Debbie
santina68

Post by santina68 »

Again thank you. Does anyone know how to ask for these records in Italian? I know very little Italian and am not sure how to write for what I need.

Nancy
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

santina68

Post by santina68 »

Thanks Debbie! :D Those sites really helped. I just started my ancestry search and little by little I find information and put the pieces together. I am so glad I came across this site, it's already been a big help.

Nancy
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Created you a link of the manifest... the one from the Ellis site was a mis-link...

http://img86.echo.cx/img86/1369/cosmomanfst2hn.jpg

Line 192 for Cosmo

First Name: Cosmo
Last Name: Fabrizio
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Iserna
Date of Arrival: March 13, 1893
Age at Arrival:  35y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:    
Ship of Travel: Britannia
Port of Departure: Marseilles
Manifest Line Number: 0192

mfjp
santina68

Post by santina68 »

The link worked -- so glad to get this information :D

Nancy
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

The Lds has microfilmed records of Pesche, 1809 thru 1899.
Included are birth, death and marriage.......................
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile &columns=*,0,0

to locate a library near you for research...............
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Records are in Italian.......I would recommend an Italian dictionary....and there are word list provided at the lds site. An excellent book to obtain is by Trafford R. Cole, "Italian Genealogical Records", which will give you a complete understanding in Italian genealogy. There are numerous samples of records and word list as well.

Another forum member has written an outline for using Lds microfilm..........
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

wldspirit
santina68

Post by santina68 »

Wldspirit,
Thank you so much. It seems like lately I just kept hitting dead ends and being new to this wasn't sure where to look next. There is a library only an hour away and I plan to make a trip as soon as the kids are out of school.

Thank you again,
Nancy :D
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Happy to be of some help...... :D

Here is the word list by the Lds......just hit next document at bottom of page to scroll thru the list of words........
you are lucky to have had your town of origin microfilmed, enabling you to trace your family......many towns have not been recorded....... :?
Good Luck with your research......
wldspirit

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Found a tiny clue, tho I don't know where it will take me..

Can anyone make this out???

http://img272.echo.cx/img272/7421/cosmo18md.jpg

with thanks

mfjp