Cost of microfilms at LDS Family History Centers increase

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

Cost of microfilms at LDS Family History Centers increase

Post by Congemi »

Just received this email from the director of the FHC where I have been a non-member volunteer for over 15 years. Thought I would pass it along.
Tana

Dear Family History Center Director,

Due to the increase in the price of raw microfilm stock and the decreasing availability of this product on the market, and higher costs to ship microfilm, it has become necessary for FamilySearch to increase the price of film loans in family history centers. As of 15 February 2012 the following prices will be in effect for film loans in the United States and Canada:

- Short-term film loan $7.50
- Short-term film loan extension $7.50
- Extended film loan $18.75
- Microfiche loan $4.75
We appreciate your help in communicating this information to your family history center patrons
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cost of microfilms at LDS Family History Centers increas

Post by lcafarel »

I saw a notice about this price increase on one of the Jewishgen discussion groups recently. That's a 36% increase in the cost of extended loans. Yikes!

That being said, I came to the forum to post a related message about sharing information. See my message (about to be posted) on films for the province of Matera, Basilicata.
Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Cost of microfilms at LDS Family History Centers increas

Post by Congemi »

I know it's a shock to the system to learn of such an increase. Just ordered 7 films to beat the date of the 15th. I'll certainly have to watch the budget when ordering in the future.
Tana