Confirmation, please?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Confirmation, please?

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Can someone confirm that I have this right?

Addolorata Sausto, born February 20, 1883 to Francesco Sausto, aged 40, farmer, & Rosa Felitti; in the house at #9 Via San Giovanni, in Vietri di Potenza. Also, if someone could explain the notation in the margin? Thanks!!

Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Re: Confirmation, please?

Post by DebiHarbuck »

And, sorry, help with this one (#1)?

Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Okay, really, last one before work! (Why can't I get someone to pay me to find these all day!! ;) )

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

DebiHarbuck wrote:Can someone confirm that I have this right?

Addolorata Sausto, born February 20, 1883 to Francesco Sausto, aged 40, farmer, & Rosa Felitti; in the house at #9 Via San Giovanni, in Vietri di Potenza. Also, if someone could explain the notation in the margin? Thanks!!

On 12 12 1902 Addolorata married Carmine Marasco. Annotation made in Potenza on May 31 1904
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

DebiHarbuck wrote:And, sorry, help with this one (#1)?

On July 12 1913 Carmine Marasco presented to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Vietri di Potenza the following death certificate:
"New york health department- Addolorata Sausto, daughter of Francesco and of Rosa Felitti, female, white, married to Carmine Marasco, Italian, died June 6 1908"
Cause of death: tuberculosis, bronchopneumonia.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

DebiHarbuck wrote:Okay, really, last one before work! (Why can't I get someone to pay me to find these all day!! ;) )

Francesco Sausto son of the late Francesco and the late Luigia Caggiano, widoer of Rosa Fellitti died 85yo on Dec 1 1818.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

liviomoreno wrote:
DebiHarbuck wrote:Okay, really, last one before work! (Why can't I get someone to pay me to find these all day!! ;) )

Francesco Sausto son of the late Francesco and the late Luigia Caggiano, widoer of Rosa Fellitti died 85yo on Dec 1 1818.
I THINK DIED ANNO SETTANTACINQUE DEC 1 1918

Marty :wink:
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

adelfio wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:

I THINK DIED ANNO SETTANTACINQUE DEC 1 1918

Marty :wink:
As usual you are correct! Francesco was 75 years old when he died, not 85. :oops:
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You are the master Livio!! I am the student I think you left that for a training lesson.HA HA
Thank you for all that you do on IG
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Post by DebiHarbuck »

I thank you both! You are both marvelous! :)

That's very interesting about Addorolata's Atti di Morte...I've not encountered that before. Does anyone have any thoughts? Did he perhaps go home and then decide to remarry? Is there some point of Italian law at work here?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Might have been old school Italian the New york official and sent the death record to Italy or like you said he remarried in Italy.

Marty

Marty