How did I do with this one?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

How did I do with this one?

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Here's what I get:

Gelisandra Caggiano, aged sixty___ (something?), spinner, daughter of Gerardo Caggiano and Caterina Pascale and wife of _______ (person whose name I cannot read :) ) died in Vietri di Potenza on October 7, 1869.

Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Re: How did I do with this one?

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Also, does this say is both the widow of _______ and the wife of _______?
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

[quote="DebiHarbuck"]Here's what I get:

Gelisandra Caggiano, aged sixty___I believe this is "settantaquattro - 74 (something?), spinner, daughter of Gerardo Caggiano and Caterina Pascale and wife of _Gerardo Faruolo, profession - miller______ (person whose name I cannot read :) ) died in Vietri di Potenza on October 22, 1869. at 5 PM

T.
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Okay...so it still needs work :) (does is say widow of Gerardo Faruolo?)

Thanks, again, Tessa!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

DebiHarbuck wrote:Okay...so it still needs work :) (does is say widow of Gerardo Faruolo?)

Thanks, again, Tessa!
What I see is wife - "moglie" is two lines below her name and just before his.

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

"moglie del vivente Gerardo Faruolo". He was definitely alive :lol: