Can someone help me with a Marriage Certificate?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
nicolefazio
Rookie
Rookie

Can someone help me with a Marriage Certificate?

Post by nicolefazio »

I have pictures of my great grandparents 'atti di matrimony'

I have tried to decipher it and this is what I have been able to fill in, I may be way off...

The Year 1887, on the day 28,of August,at the hour 6 and minutes 5, in the afternoon. in the city hall of Grumo Appula,open to the public

Before me (Name of official), an official of the civil registration,officially appeared personally 1)D'Amato Vito ,age 26,profession: Farmer, born in Grumo Appula,Resident of Grumo Appula. Son of Michela, resident in _____ and of Faviello Rosa, resident in_______;
2)Falcicchio Agnese,age 21,profession Thread Maker, born in Grumo Appula,Resident of Grumo Appula. Daughter of Falcicchio Vito ,resident in _________
and of Isabella Cavallazzi resident in ________

If anyone can look it over and help me figure out the names/residence of all 4 parents(if its different than what I came up with) ,and any other information I might have missed that would be important.

image hosting jpeg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Can someone help me with a Marriage Certificate?

Post by Tessa78 »

nicolefazio wrote:I have pictures of my great grandparents 'atti di matrimony'

I have tried to decipher it and this is what I have been able to fill in, I may be way off...

The Year 1887, on the day 28,of August,at the hour 6 and minutes 5, in the afternoon. in the city hall of Grumo Appula,open to the public

Before me (Name of official), an official of the civil registration,officially appeared personally 1)D'Amato Vito, single ,age 26,profession: Farmer, born in Grumo Appula,Resident of Grumo Appula. Son of Michele, resident in questo comune_(this town) and of Fariello Rosa, resident in_detto luogo (aforementioned place)_;
2)Falcicchio Agnese, single ,age 21,profession Thread Maker/ or spinner, born in Grumo Appula,Resident of Grumo Appula. Daughter of Falcicchio Vito ,resident in questo comune___
and of Isabella Cavalluzzi resident in _detto luogo_______

If anyone can look it over and help me figure out the names/residence of all 4 parents(if its different than what I came up with) ,and any other information I might have missed that would be important.
:-)
Hope that helps!

T.
nicolefazio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nicolefazio »

Yes that does help thank you! The residence for the parents is grumo appula as well right? Detto Luogo meaning "said place " , I'm just learning Italian so I wanna make sure...
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

nicolefazio wrote:Yes that does help thank you! The residence for the parents is grumo appula as well right? Detto Luogo meaning "said place " , I'm just learning Italian so I wanna make sure...
Yes, the parents' place of residence is also Grumo Appula.
It is stated for the groom, then "questo comune" (this comune) for the father and "detto luogo" (said place) for the mother... Stated the same way for the bride.

Here is a link to some of the genealogical words you will find in Italian records :-)
https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki ... _Word_List

Have fun!
T.
nicolefazio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nicolefazio »

Yes that does help thank you! The residence for the parents is grumo appula as well right? Detto Luogo meaning "said place " , I'm just learning Italian so I wanna make sure...
nicolefazio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nicolefazio »

Thank you so much, I will check out that link you put in there. sorry about the double post.