Altomare /Palazzo from Rogliano Strongoli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
boopies123

Altomare /Palazzo from Rogliano Strongoli

Post by boopies123 »

Looking for the parents of Giovanni Altomare, born 9/9/1874 Rogliano Cosenza Calabria. Her parents were Marco Altomare and Maria Palazzo. He came to the US in 1902, 1907, 1912 and 1913, bringing with him his wife, Maria Teresa Varano, and son Guiseppe and Luigi. He first settled in NY, then Argentine PA (also referred to Hilliards?) then about 1920 relocating to Kulpmont PA. My grandmother said he had a brother and or sister in Brooklyn NY.

He did have a brother, Carmenuci, living with him in Argentine in 1910. Carmenuci was born about 1867. He was gone by the 1920 census. He went to South America--perhaps Venezuela. He was found coming off a ship to visit Giovanni "Carmino Altomare Nov 09, 1903 Curacao, DWI deporting from Caracas Venezuela" It stated he was going to visit his brother Giovanni at the Hilliards PA.

Other siblings were possibly a Maria Teresa, and a Francesco (these would be the NY relatives) There may have also been a Michelina as my grandmother was named after an aunt, as she was told.

Trying to 1. Locate the parents in Italy.
2. Find relatives of Carmenuci in Venezuela
pichu2001

Re: Altomare /Palazzo from Rogliano Strongoli

Post by pichu2001 »

Hi! I have done a little research about Marco and Maria and I've found her marriage record. I wish it can help you.

boopies123

Post by boopies123 »

Awesome! Thank you...now I have to just try to decifer it:)...can you tell does it mention who their parents where? Also cannot read the year they were married. Thanks again.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Dated 13 July 1851 at 2 PM.
Before the official of the comune of Rogliano…
Appeared Marco Altomari, 25 years old, born in Rogliano, farmer, residing therein; son of Angelo Altomari, farmer, and of ???? Alessi, also residing here.
AND
Maria Palazzo, 18, born and residing in Rogliano; daughter of deceased Nicola Palazzo, and of Orsola Tiano, residing in Rogliano.

T.