Finding Bruno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
tcrawford246
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 14 Feb 2012, 03:09

Finding Bruno

Post by tcrawford246 »

I am searching for the Bruno side of my family. My second great-grandfather is Joseph Bruno who was born in Italy, but I am not sure where. His wife is Julia Caruso and I believe that they got married in May of 1896 in the United States. Joseph's father's name is Sabatino Francesco Saverio Bruno he was born November 18, 1822 in Lago, Cosenza, Calabria. I don't know his wife's name and that would be something I would like to find out; if anyone can help with this that would be really great.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Finding Bruno

Post by Tessa78 »

tcrawford246 wrote:I am searching for the Bruno side of my family. My second great-grandfather is Joseph Bruno who was born in Italy, but I am not sure where. His wife is Julia Caruso and I believe that they got married in May of 1896 in the United States. Joseph's father's name is Sabatino Francesco Saverio Bruno he was born November 18, 1822 in Lago, Cosenza, Calabria. I don't know his wife's name and that would be something I would like to find out; if anyone can help with this that would be really great.
You may wish to rent and view the microfilms of Lago, Cosenza civil registrations (nati=births, matrimoni=marriages, morti=deaths) that are available from your nearest LDS Family History Center. The records cover the years 1809-1910.
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... em%2F28948

For the nearest center enter your zip code at this site...
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/

T.
RMassinello
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Jul 2024, 09:49

Re: Finding Bruno

Post by RMassinello »

It's been along time since your post in my search for my ancestors I found your post.

The wife of Francesco Saverio Bruno is Marta Rita they are my great great grandparents my great grandmother is Angelina Bruno her father was Salvatore Bruno their son. Which would make Joseph his brother. I have the 2nd Generation list.
Post Reply