Help Translating Corleone Baptism - Catherina Cusimano

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Help Translating Corleone Baptism - Catherina Cusimano

Post by jpetrelli »

I was hoping the forum could provide a translation of the 6th baptism record on the right, for Catherina Cusimano. I want to make certain I am interpreting it correctly.

My (very limited) interpretation is:
Her parents were Antonino and Aloysia Cusimano, from Salerno. She was given the name Catherina. Godparents were Giovani DiPerry(?) and JoAnna Badularo.

Please provide confirmations, clarifications and corrections.

Thank you greatly.

Joe

Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Help Translating Corleone Baptism - Catherina Cusimano

Post by PippoM »

Parents were Antonino Cusmano and Aloysia (in Italian Luigia or Luisa) Salerno (maiden name is mentioned after "et"). Godparents were Petrus (Pietro) and Joanna (Giovanna) Badulato. What you find before their names is "D.", meaning "Don" for a man and "Donna" for a woman, expressing the fact of some importance of the persons.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help Translating Corleone Baptism - Catherina Cusimano

Post by jpetrelli »

Thank you PippoM!

With the translation you provided, I am now able to confirm Caterina as the sister of my 3GGF!

Thank you again!
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)