help with birth certificate 1783 in Latin

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
billoms
Rookie
Rookie

help with birth certificate 1783 in Latin

Post by billoms »

How can I attach the document?
billoms
Rookie
Rookie

Re: help with birth certificate 1783 in Latin

Post by billoms »

Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

In italian:

Io Sacerdote Antonino Bellotti, professore di sacra teologia, arciprete della madre chiesa di Castronormanno (o Valle Olmo) sotto il titolo dell'immacolata concezione della Beata Maria Vergine e gli auspici di Sant'Antonio da Padova, a tutti e ad ognuno dei presenti esaminatori(?) faccio fede che è stato trovato in uno dei libri parrocchiali di questa madre chiesa in cui si annotano i nomi e i cognomi, una nota del seguente tenore e cioè:

Anno 1783, il giorno 15 di gennaio
Giovanni Gugino(???) marito di Giuseppa Sancineto(?) dell'età di anni 87(?) circa, confessato, ristorato del santissimo viatico, .......... in comunione di santa madre chiesa rese l'anima a Dio. assistito dal reverendo cappellano don Francesco Piacenti(?), il cui corpo fu sepolto in questa madre chiesa.

Da valere per matrimonio ... fra Salvadore Gugino(???) con Calogera Privitera
billoms
Rookie
Rookie

Post by billoms »

I got this from an Allegati for Salvatore Gugino and Calogera Privatera. The 1783 is consistent with the birthday of Salvatore's father Antonino Gugino. I think this is Antonino's birth certificate. Is Giovanni his father and Giuseppa his mother? This would be great if so! I have seen a reference of Giovanni being Antonino's middle name in another son's Allegati. Thanks for your help.
billoms
Rookie
Rookie

Post by billoms »

I just translated what Lucap wrote. "The year 1783, the day January 15
John Gugino (???) husband of Josepha Sancineto (?) at the age of 87 years (? # about, confessed, fed the Holy viaticum, ... ... ... in communion of Holy Mother Church made the soul to God, assisted by Rev. chaplain don Francesco Beauties #?), whose body was buried in this mother church" It looks like Antonino's father's death certificate instead of Antonino's birth certificate. Am I correct?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

From the certificate you don't know if Giovanni Gugino was the the father of Antonino. You know that he was the husband of Giuseppa Sancineto and that he died 87year old on Jan 15 1783.