Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I am trying to do research on my family for a family tree to share with our children. I have some info I found from My Grandparents Marriage License : Married In Buccheri 06/19/1885..I don't speak Italian or read it, so I will post what is says in hope someone can translate..Alle ore:Dieci e minuti
il giorno: Ventitre Del mese di Gennaio
dell'Anno:1800 Novantatre
nel comune di:Sortino
e nato/a
Cognome:Failla
Nome: Sabastiana
Paternita:Salvatore
Materinita:Gurciullo Vincena
Sesso: Femminile Ty for any help
Niecy51 wrote:I am trying to do research on my family for a family tree to share with our children. I have some info I found from My Grandparents Marriage License : Married In Buccheri 06/19/1885..I don't speak Italian or read it, so I will post what is says in hope someone can translate..Alle ore:Dieci e minuti At 10 AM
il giorno: Ventitre Del mese di Gennaio 23 January
dell'Anno:1800 Novantatre 1893
nel comune di:Sortino in the town of Sortino
e nato/a Was born
Cognome:Failla Surname: Failla
Nome: Sabastiana Given name: Sebastiana
Paternita:Salvatore Father: Salvatore(Failla)
Materinita:Gurciullo Vincena Mother: Vincenza Gurciullo
Sesso: Femminile gender: female Ty for any help
TY Tessa. I do appreciate your help..I guess my guess of the translation was correct. I am going to keep looking into any more info I can track with this new info to go as far back as possible for our family tree,
Thank Again..
God Bless
This concise historical presentation is intended not as an exhaustive sociological treatise, but as a general introduction for the layman. It is presumed that the reader has already reviewed Italian Heraldry, Nobility & Genealogy. Because of the highly individual nature of genealogical and heral...