Help with Processetti Consent Document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bnelson
Rookie
Rookie

Help with Processetti Consent Document

Post by bnelson »

Can anyone help me translate the following processetti document? I believe this document is the consent of Raffaela Vecchione to the marriage of her son Giovanni Rega to Angela Maria Rega, daughter of Carmine Rega and Maria Giovanna Nappo.

In particular, I would like to understand what page 2 of the document says about Luigi Casstaria Rega, since I am not sure who that is.

Here is the document:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7gLZR ... 3ZsWDRZOWM

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Bill
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Help with Processetti Consent Document

Post by liviomoreno »

bnelson wrote:Can anyone help me translate the following processetti document? I believe this document, dated March 6 1857 and written in front of a Notary, is the consent of Raffaela Vecchione daughter of the late Antonio and widow of Giacomo Rega to the marriage of her son Giovanni Rega, butcher aged 23, to Angela Maria Rega aged 23, daughter of Carmine Rega and Maria Giovanna Nappo.

In particular, I would like to understand what page 2 of the document says about Luigi Casstaria Rega , since I am not sure who that is. (I can't find this name on the document)

Here is the document:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7gLZR ... 3ZsWDRZOWM

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Bill
bnelson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bnelson »

Thank you for the response. The part that I am questioning is the 7th line on the 2nd page, the line before the one that mentions Carmine and Maria Giovanna. Maybe it doesn't say Luigi?

Thanks again,

Bill
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The lines 6-7-8 on the 2nd page read:
contrarre solenne e legittimo matrimonio con Angela Maria Rega figlia di Carmine e Maria Giovanna
bnelson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bnelson »

I see it now! I can't believe I couldn't make that out before. Thank you very much for your help!

Bill
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

:)