Palermo Birth Record Problem - Salvatore Crisenza Romano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Palermo Birth Record Problem - Salvatore Crisenza Romano

Post by jpetrelli »

I was hoping the forum could advise me on where to seek the Birth Record for a family member, Salvatore Crisenza Romano.

I have multiple references to Salvatore being born in Palermo (ex. Naturalization, Passport, Draft Cards, etc.) In addition, from the LDS film, A-Z 1876-1885; A-F 1886-1895, Family History Library INTL Film, 1350813, I located his reference in the Archive di Stato Palermo, Stato Civile Indice Nascita (1876 - 1885), in which he was recorded as Salvatore Crisenza (I was aware that he adopted the Romano Surname later in life).

However, with all of this information, I have still not been unable to identify the correct Palermo LDS film to locate his actual birth record.

The index page detail and images:
Crisenza, Salvatore - 7 gennaro, 1879, uff. 1 - v. 139 - n. 104
Image Image Image

I reviewed the following films without success:
Nati 1876 (cont.)-1879, Family History Library INTL Film, 1963631
Nati 1879 (cont.)-1882, Family History Library INTL Film, 1963632

Here is the URL (shorten using Google) to the FamilySearch film catalog for Palermo:
http://goo.gl/w1LLv

Am I missing anything? Does the forum have any additional thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you.

Joe
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Palermo Birth Record Problem - Salvatore Crisenza Romano

Post by adelfio »

Hi Joe
In the index info you gave
the last number n.104 is the Numero d'ordine which would be on top page of the record which should read centoquattro 104 this the number for the record
Did you check all the Jan entries for 1879 maybe its missplaced in the record order.Or maybe it is missplaced in the records
Is there a index in the records?

If you still cant find it in there send this email to the Archivio di Palermo they will help
e.mail: as-pa@beniculturali.it
Archivio di Stato di Palermo
Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho biosgno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
Vorrei se e possibile,potreste cercare l’atto di nascita di questa persone nei vostri registri?
Vi prego di informarmi se sia possibile ottenere delle fotocopie dei vostri registri di l’atto di nascita di questa persone nei vostri registri?
Nome e cognome: Salvatore Crisenza
Data di nascita: gennaro 7 1879
Luogo di nascita: Palermo
Indice di informazioni Crisenza, Salvatore - 7 gennaro, 1879, uff. 1 - v. 139 - n. 104
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
YOUR NAME EMAIL and ADDRESS

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jpetrelli »

Thank you Marty, particularly for the email option of inquiring. The combination factors of language, translation and foreign postage and currency, have encouraged procrastination associated with reaching out to Italian archives.

Thank you again.

Joe
Researching Surnames:
Petrelli & Fumarola (Martina Franca); Camelio & Traniello (Gaeta); Aramini, Bruno & Guerra (Zagarise); Gusmano/Cusimano & Trapani (Corleone) and Caronna, Crisenza, Napoli & Torretta (Bisacquino)
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jpetrelli »

I receive the following response today from the Archivio di Palermo:
In riscontro alla richiesta di cui all’oggetto si comunica che questo Archivio di Stato conserva atti di stato civile di Palermo e dei comuni delle sua provincia esclusivamente dal 1820 al 1865
Tutti gli atti precedenti al 1820 possono essere cercati negli archivi parrocchiali, mentre quelli successivi negli archivi dei Comuni di appartenenza.
-----
In response to the request referred to the object that you communicate this State Archives preserves civil status of the municipalities of Palermo and its province only from 1820 to 1865
All acts prior to 1820 can be searched in the parish archives, whereas later in the archives of Commons membership.
-----
Unfortunately, it is not clear to me what I can do with this information. Are there any suggestions how to look into the archivi dei Comuni di appartenenza? I could not identify these archives online.

Thank you for the continued assistance.
Researching Surnames:
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi Joe :D

You have to ask to the Ufficio di Stato Civile of Palermo town.

Tutti gli atti precedenti al 1820 possono essere cercati negli archivi parrocchiali, mentre quelli successivi negli archivi dei Comuni di appartenenza.

The Comune where Salvatore was born was Palermo (which is both a town and a province)... I would advice you to ask them writing the exact reference you have:

With these dates, I'm sure they will recognize which was the correct office where the birth was registered..

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

You can send your request here:

http://www.comune.palermo.it/comune/set ... dex_sd.htm

Laura
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jpetrelli »

Thanks Laura. Good to hear from you again!

I will keep you posted.
Researching Surnames:
jpetrelli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jpetrelli »

I received another response from the Palermo Archive. I assume the instructions are accurate, but was curious about the request for a photocopy of my passport and if that is information that is reasonable to require I share.

Also, I will look further into it myself, but I am unfamiliar with "coupons for international postage and documents". Any advise from the group?

Thank you.

Joe
In riferimento alla richiesta in oggetto Le comunico che, occorre inviare una lettera al seguente indirizzo: Comune di Palermo - Servizio Stato Civile - P.zza G. Cesare, 52 90127 Palermo , dovrà allegare una busta con indirizzo per la trasmissione dei certificati, fotocopia del documento d'identità e 5 coupon internazionali per le spese postali e dei documenti.
L'Ufficiale di Stato Civile Il Funzionario Amm.vo
Giuseppe Castronovo Dott. G. Incardona
-----
In reference to the request in question to inform you that you must send a letter to the following address: Municipality of Palermo - State Civil Service - Piazza G. Cesare, 52 90127 Palermo, he must enclose an envelope with the address for the transfer of certificates, photocopy of your passport and 5 coupons for international postage and documents.
The Official, The Official State Civil Amm.vo
Giuseppe Castronovo Dr. G. Incardona
-----
Researching Surnames: