NY Consulate - getting a sooner Appt.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
dgeorge

NY Consulate - getting a sooner Appt.

Post by dgeorge »

When I scheduled my appointment, Abtran said that if my documents were ready, I could request a sooner appointment if there are any cancellations. Has anyone been succesful in requesting an appointment sooner than the Abtran scheduled date?
Thanks.
JJ313
Veteran
Veteran

Re: NY Consulate - getting a sooner Appt.

Post by JJ313 »

I don't know anyone who has done this but there is no harm in trying if all of your documents are ready to go.
dgeorge

Post by dgeorge »

I will give it a try and let you know what happens. I am ready as I can be without knowing what problems NY might find.
846newyorker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 846newyorker »

I was told the same thing by Abtran. They instructed me to e-mail the Abtran address making the request. This was many months ago, and I never heard a thing back. Perhaps if you're more persistent...
KarenChristino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by KarenChristino »

When they postponed my appointment last year they said they'd be in touch to re-schedule earlier if there were any cancellations. I think it was 10 months and I heard nothing. I did get a somewhat more personalized response at the time, from MarkKidney@abtran.com. You might try e-mailing him direct -- just a chance. (The other responses from them were generic, no names.)
Italia1963
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Italia1963 »

I have my NYC appt in July and a few months ago Abtran sent out an email that must have gone to everyone who was scheduled for an interview this year, asking if anyone had a change in mind or wanted a later date, to email them back, as that would then allow them to offer the opening to someone else...I guess not many people responded.
rjnigro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rjnigro »

They did the same thing last year, about this time too ... I contacted them about getting an earlier appointment (last year) and never heard back from them at all
dgeorge

Post by dgeorge »

Unfortunately the email address for Mark Kidney is no longer in use. I broke down and called abtran to ask about cancellations. I was told that they do not re-schedule cancelled appointments. This may only apply to New York. So, despite being told to write an email when my documents were ready, there is no option for anything sooner than when you are scheduled by abtran. Now I feel like I rushed for nothing. These documents haunted me for 6 months and now I have another six months to just stew over them.