Lagalo surname, settled in Michigan

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ctsbutterfly

Lagalo surname, settled in Michigan

Post by ctsbutterfly »

I am looking for info on my maternal great grandparents. Peter (or Paul) Lagalo and Nancy Galentoe ( this may be the wrong spelling) I am not sure where in Italy they came from. But I would very much like to know. They had many children, though I don't know all the names here are a few. Rose, Frank ( butchy), samuel. my great grandfather also had brothers that moved here. though I am not sure of their names. I am clueless about how to start this. I searched ellis island and came up with someone who may have been a brother to my ggp. Felix Lagalo...and his wife Elizabeth Lagalo who I understand he married in england. any help is appreciated.
Marco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Lagalo surname, settled in Michigan

Post by Marco »

There is a Pietro La Gala born approx. in 1881 from Casamarciano (province of Naples) who arrived in 1905 (steamship Città di Reggio) and settled in Saginaw, Michigan.
Nancy's surname is probably Galante, but I dont'know which italian name could become Nancy (possibly Nunzia).
Hope it helps
Marco, Milano, Italia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Any known birthdates? Dates of death?
Please provide as much info as possible.......we may be able to locate
a census thereby giving us a rough estimate of immigration and naturalization.....
wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

From Michigan.....
Anthony Lagalo, wife Elizabeth, children John, Felix, Ralph, Frank, Annie, and Clement. Immigration 1908.

Felix Lagalo, wife Marie, son John, and 3 step children. Immigration also

Did not locate a Peter, Pietro, or Paul.......
wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

This is another Pietro Lagala but Francesca wife....!http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0734100310
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH