Help with handwritten Latin?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vineviz
Rookie
Rookie

Help with handwritten Latin?

Post by vineviz »

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone would be willing to help me translate a handwritten Latin document. It appears to be an extract of a parish death record for my 4G grandfather, who died in 1786, made for my great-grandfather's processetti in 1860. I am having a difficult time with the handwriting, and my Latin skills are not great anyway. I can make out a little bit of the second paragraph, but I'd hate to miss something useful.

http://vizachero.com/genealogy/images/vizzProcess9.jpg

In any event, any help will be greatly welcomed.

Thanks,

Vince
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help with handwritten Latin?

Post by suanj »

vineviz wrote:Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone would be willing to help me translate a handwritten Latin document. It appears to be an extract of a parish death record for my 4G grandfather, who died in 1786, made for my great-grandfather's processetti in 1860. I am having a difficult time with the handwriting, and my Latin skills are not great anyway. I can make out a little bit of the second paragraph, but I'd hate to miss something useful.

http://vizachero.com/genealogy/images/vizzProcess9.jpg

In any event, any help will be greatly welcomed.

Thanks,

just some phrase...:

I..... etc.....(name priest)Parish of Santa Lucia, Oppido Common from reading deaths book etc.......
1786 year, 18 day april month, Gennaro son of Leonardo Vizzaccaro, of 35(?) old , was in house of him own, when is migrated from life (died)...etc and have just (catholic) interment ...in Santa Lucia church etc...
[/quote]

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vineviz
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help with handwritten Latin?

Post by vineviz »

Thanks, suanj, that actually helps me make sense of it.