Having trouble finding information.....

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
QuestionSleep

Having trouble finding information.....

Post by QuestionSleep »

I'm sorry if this question is obvious and stupid, but I'm having trouble finding the answer (which, like I already said, is probably obvious)

I found alot of information on my great grandfather and a little on his wife (I found his real name, dates and location of birth, death, and naturalization etc.) But I want to know more.

SO the thing is my great grandfathers name was Giuseppe Rubini, but when he came over to America, he changed it to Joseph Rubino (I know, I thought an i to an o was pretty odd change too) but I want to look up his relatives still in Italy, but every search I go to look up, I type in Giuseppe Rubini, and there are no records of him (there are ones, but not that match up) if i type in Joseph Rubino, I just find out everything I already knew. If I type in his wife Isabella Rubini, again I find out stuff I already knew, and if I type in Isabella Paulilli (her maiden name) nothing comes up.
Do I need to find out more like aunts and uncles? I know one was name was Siminuch (sp?)

So how do I find his relatives? and some of his history?
Will I have to fork up the cash for a geneologist, or will I have to wait for a family reunion and try and find out more info? or are there any other ways?
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Having trouble finding information.....

Post by mfjp »

3 people replied to your previous post about Giuseppe

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=3102

which... you never replied to ....

mfjp
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Dear questionsleep,
if you have you grandparents birth act or naturalization records, you find there where they were born, so you can contact the civil record of comune they were born, or contact State archive of the province they were born, or rent a FHL microfilm.
bye ricbru
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

in the ship's manifest 1920 are Giuseppe Rubini(no Rubino) and wife Isabella Paulilli coming from Bisceglie( Bari); never in USA; the Giuseppe mother is also Isabella Rubini in Bisceglie... joining to Mauro Rubini ( perhaps is Mauro Paulillo http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 4720130829; also came in Mass on S.S.Cretic the 5 Jan 1920 : Margherita Paulillo and Anna Paulillo married Luca Di Pilato
) brother in law...

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0726%2ETIF

really the surname is PaulillO; If this are your ancestors you can request all records in Bisceglie Common, and for know all siblings also..... about siminuch probable spelling is Simone( Simonuccio diminutive, Siminucc in dialect)
your double are about records of census? please explane better...... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
QuestionSleep

Post by QuestionSleep »

in the ship's manifest 1920 are Giuseppe Rubini(no Rubino) and wife Isabella Paulilli coming from Bisceglie( Bari); never in USA; the Giuseppe mother is also Isabella Rubini in Bisceglie... joining to Mauro Rubini ( perhaps is Mauro Paulillo ellisisland.org/search...720130829; also came in Mass on S.S.Cretic the 5 Jan 1920 : Margherita Paulillo and Anna Paulillo married Luca Di Pilato
) brother in law...

ellisisland.org/search...0726%2ETIF

really the surname is PaulillO; If this are your ancestors you can request all records in Bisceglie Common, and for know all siblings also..... about siminuch probable spelling is Simone( Simonuccio diminutive, Siminucc in dialect)
your double are about records of census? please explane better...... suanj

Yes, those are the records. I know they did come over to stay with Mauro, and that Giuseppe's mother was still there. Mauro was the brother in law so it was probably Mauro PaulillO, and not Rubini
I'm a little confused with the Margherita and Anna part, I have never heard of them, would they be his sisters, or one his wife?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

about:

I'm a little confused with the Margherita and Anna part, I have never heard of them, would they be his sisters, or one his wife?
are two persons perhaps related, same placename, same destination of your ancestors, so is possible that was related, why all emigrants, normally, joining with parents in foreign country; was just an suggestion.. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH