need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Post by figaro66 »

figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Re: need help in translation for Governale/Calcaterra

Post by figaro66 »

The record is on the left hand side 4 0r 5th down. I just figured how to post a document, I don't want to delete and repost with message. So I am adding this post. Hironimus Governale married Rosalia Calcaterra. The rest I can not figure out, I need help in translation, I am confused on who Parents verses Witnesses are. Any help would be appreciated, Thank's in Advance...
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX 580
1838 Feb 1st marriage of Hironimus Governale son of ????TOUGH ONE NEED SOME HELP and deceased Francesca Mannina and wife Rosalia Calcaterra daughter of Nicola Calcaterra and Josepha Provenzano

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Marty

The unkown name???? Could it be Octavis (Octavi)??? From this line on down to today, The name in these men are Giralamo Heronimus Octavis Governale.. What do you think?????
Tracy, Thanks once again!!!!!!!!!!!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

figaro66 wrote:Marty

The unkown name???? Could it be Octavis (Octavi)??? From this line on down to today, The name in these men are Giralamo Heronimus Octavis Governale.. What do you think?????
Tracy, Thanks once again!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks good :D

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

adelfio wrote:INDEX 580
1838 Feb 1st marriage of Hironimus Governale son of ????TOUGH ONE NEED SOME HELP and deceased Francesca Mannina and wife Rosalia Calcaterra daughter of Nicola Calcaterra and Josepha Provenzano

Marty
I believe the mother of Rosalia is also deceased...

:wink:
T.
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by figaro66 »

Tessa
You think that Josepha Provenzano is deceased?? May I ask if you know. When a Female dies in Sicily, does she go under her Married name or her Birth name????
Thanks For your help and time Tessa...
Tracy
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

figaro66 wrote:Tessa
You think that Josepha Provenzano is deceased?? May I ask if you know. When a Female dies in Sicily, does she go under her Married name or her Birth name????
Thanks For your help and time Tessa...
Tracy
Maiden name and yes defunto to Joespha

Marty

Marty