Surname Macaluso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Saabina

Surname Macaluso

Post by Saabina »

I am looking for more information on the John Macaluso family. He was born in Italy around 1895. I am not sure when he and his family came to the US. I know he married his wife Maud around the year 1916 and was 21 at the time. They had four children that were all born in New York; Pauline, Christopher, Julia, and Charles.
<BR> If any of this sounds familiar to you or you know of living relatives of any of his children, email me. I would love to hear more! [sdonaldson@msad48.org[/EMAIL]
ptimber
Master
Master

Surname Macaluso

Post by ptimber »

There are 6 Christopher and 5 Charles Macaluso in NY. May be worthwhile to send a generic letter to all 11 and ask them if they are related to Your John and Maud. Go to www.infospace.com. Peter
Saabina

Surname Macaluso

Post by Saabina »

Thanks for the reply. Already been that route and letters are on their way. It has been very difficult trying to research this as I have limited information.............?? Any other suggestions? :-)
ptimber
Master
Master

Surname Macaluso

Post by ptimber »

considering the scarcity of infoirmation the only thing you can do readily is to file form 81 Passenger arrival with NARA if the ellisisland.org website does not provide any information (I am surfe you tried that but didn\'t communicate that to me). If you go to www.genelaogylookups.com/narchives.htm and request form 81 there is a possibility that there may be an arrival record for your subject with his approximate birthyear on file. Peter
Saabina

Surname Macaluso

Post by Saabina »

I have searched Ellis Island alot over the past two days. On the 1930 census it states that naturalization was in 1897, but I am not sure if it is for John or his father. Anyways, I widened my search by searching for male italians that came over between 1896-1898. I found a few that were married and arrived during the right time. Some one told me that some Italian men named Guiseppe changed it to John after being in the US for a while.....is this true?? I also emailed four Christopher Macaluso\'s last night. My frustration is that I can\'t pull up any birth certificates from 1900-to the present. I have searched several sites. I also have been trying to go the marriage route, but have come up empty. Anyways, that is where I am at. I will let you know if I stumble upon anything else.
ptimber
Master
Master

Surname Macaluso

Post by ptimber »

did you file form 81??Peter