Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
thomasfarina

Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi

Post by thomasfarina »

Hello, if someone has a free moment can you please take a look at this Death Record for Don Luigi Scepi (starts on lower left page). I can read that his father was Don Salvatore Scepi, but I can't tell if the woman named Donna Elizabetta Quattrocchi is Luigi's mother or wife. If his mother, do you see a wife mentioned? Thanks...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33 ... sible.jpg/
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Wife or Mother of Luigi Scepi

Post by Tessa78 »

The image is much too small even with the simple enlargement on Imageshack. :-(

Could you try uploading to postimage.org and using the "Thumbnail for Forum1" link to copy and paste in this post?

Or post a link to the actual image location... :-)

T.
thomasfarina

Post by thomasfarina »

Sure -- thanks for the heads up.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Donna Elizabeth Quattrocchi is Don Luigi Scepi's mother :-)

T.
thomasfarina

Post by thomasfarina »

Thanks Tessa ... would this imply that he was unmarried, since there's not a mention of a wife? It seems like I've normally seen bachelors listed as "celibe" on death records ... did I miss a mention of marital status?

My Gr-x3-Grandmother (Maria Letterina Scepi, 1844-1929)'s parents were "Luigi Scepi and Giuseppa Aloisa Scebba", and this is the only Luigi Scepi that I've found in the Mazzarino, Caltanissetta records ... trying to figure out if he's my ancestor or not.

Thanks! TJ
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

thomasfarina wrote:Thanks Tessa ... would this imply that he was unmarried, since there's not a mention of a wife? It seems like I've normally seen bachelors listed as "celibe" on death records ... did I miss a mention of marital status?
I did not see a mention of his marital status... nor the statement that he was single :?

My Gr-x3-Grandmother (Maria Letterina Scepi, 1844-1929)'s parents were "Luigi Scepi and Giuseppa Aloisa Scebba", and this is the only Luigi Scepi that I've found in the Mazzarino, Caltanissetta records ... trying to figure out if he's my ancestor or not.

But given the date of Maria Letterina's birth (1844) it is POSSIBLE this is her father since this Don Luigi was 43 at his death in 1867. That would make his birth year about 1824 - and his age at HER birth at about 20 years old. :D

Thanks! TJ
Did you identfy her parents by her birth or death record?

:-)
T.
thomasfarina

Post by thomasfarina »

Tessa -- I used her death record, which listed her parents as Luigi Scepi and Giuseppa Aloisa Scebba ... no "Don" or "Donna". Ancestry.com's birth records start at 1866 so that's not available, and her marriage likely occurred prior to 1866 as well. I've not found a death record for her mother, Giuseppa.

Thanks! TJ
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi TJ :-)

If you are willing to do a little "digging" - your nearest LDS Family History Center has the civil registrations for Mazzarino, Calnissetta for years 1820 - 1865, available to rent and view.
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... m%2F529055

To find your nearest center.
https://familysearch.org/locations

T.
thomasfarina

Post by thomasfarina »

Thanks for the suggestion tessa ... I went today and ordered a couple rolls of microfilm so hopefully that will bear some fruit.

I was surprised at how expensive it can be to order microfilm from the family history centers ... the Mazzarino civil registrations are contained on about 15 rolls of film, and each roll is $7.50 to rent. You really gotta know exactly what you're looking for if you don't want to shell out major bucks to browse.