DiMarzo in Molise

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
chrisrn

DiMarzo in Molise

Post by chrisrn »

Anyone have any information on DiMarzo's living in Bonefro, Campobasso, Molise?
My great-grandmother, Maria Donata DiMarzo was born 27Feb1879, and was the daughter of Antonio DiMarzo and Carolina DeSocio. I would love to know more about their family but have been unable to find anything.
Any help is appreciated!
Tersigni & DeGasperis: Sora,Frosinone,Lazio
Olivastri: Treglio,Chieti,Abruzzo
DiMarzo & DeSocio: Bonefro,Campobasso,Molise
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: DiMarzo in Molise

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello chrisn :-)

Since online records are scarce... your best resource at this time is your nearest Family History Center which is run by the LDS. They have available, for renting and viewing, the civil registrations (births, marriages, deaths) for the Comune of Bonefro from 1809-1900, on microfilm.
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... em%2F87038

To find your nearest FHC
https://familysearch.org/locations

T.
chrisrn

Post by chrisrn »

Thanks Tessa78!
Tersigni & DeGasperis: Sora,Frosinone,Lazio
Olivastri: Treglio,Chieti,Abruzzo
DiMarzo & DeSocio: Bonefro,Campobasso,Molise
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

My great-grandmother, Maria Donata DiMarzo was born 27Feb1879, and was the daughter of Antonio DiMarzo and Carolina DeSocio.
Your De Socio line almost certainly originated in Campobasso. My cousin Riccardo De Socio has researched the di Soccio (aka de Socio aka di Suoccio) family worldwide and each family group he found has been traced back to Campobasso. He found one such family group in Bonefro. My 1C5R Alessandro di Soccio, was born 31 OCT 1817 in Campobasso, the son of Gaetano Maria di Soccio and Gaetana Palladino. He married Maria Rea, who I believe was from Bonefro. The couple raised their family in Bonefro, including Maria Carolina di Soccio, born 30 MAY 1853. Might this be your Great Great Grandmother? If so, you can contact me at armellino at yahoo dot com for additional info.
John Armellino