Can someone translate the handwriting on this birth record?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jguizio

Can someone translate the handwriting on this birth record?

Post by jguizio »

http://postimage.org/image/lnhbrhu0f/

Can someone help me read the handwriting on the bottom left birth record for Anna Maria Giuzio? I'm trying to extract as much information as possible, especially about the parents Carmine Giuzio and Santa Gerardi. I am also seeking birth and marriage records for Carmine, who I believe may have been born in Tito around April 1854, and Santa born 1865, probably in Avigliano. They were supposedly married in 1882 or 1881. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Can someone translate the handwriting on this birth reco

Post by Tessa78 »

jguizio wrote:http://postimage.org/image/lnhbrhu0f/

Can someone help me read the handwriting on the bottom left birth record for Anna Maria Giuzio? I'm trying to extract as much information as possible, especially about the parents Carmine Giuzio and Santa Gerardi. I am also seeking birth and marriage records for Carmine, who I believe may have been born in Tito around April 1854, and Santa born 1865, probably in Avigliano. They were supposedly married in 1882 or 1881. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Record is dated 26 December 1884 at 9 AM at the town hall in Avigliano
Before the official appeared Carmine Giuzio, age 30, peasant farmer, residing in Avigliano, to present a female child born on 25 December at 6 AM to Santa Gerardi, no age, his wife, spinner, living with him.
The child was given the name Anna Maria...
Witnesses to the recording of this act: Angelo Nardazza, 32, peasant farmer; and Donato Galasio, 46, peasant farmer; both residing in Avigliano.
The official read the act to the participants, but only he signed below as the others were illiterate.

T.
jguizio

Post by jguizio »

Thanks! Are you able to make out the name of the location of the birth? I think it says something like Contrada Giuliani??
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

jguizio wrote:Thanks! Are you able to make out the name of the location of the birth? I think it says something like Contrada Giuliani??
Yes, that is the correct location... :-)

T.