help with this translation please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
stellina13
Veteran
Veteran

help with this translation please

Post by stellina13 »

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

I understand the person Giacomo Antonio Luigi was born/baptized June 20, 1808; era il figlio di Pasquale. I understand that his mother is Maria Domenica Giammarco e veniva da Molina

I also understand that Pasqaule era il figlio di Pietro but the next line "de Joanne Gregorio" I don't understand. Is Joanne Giovanni or Giovanna? and who is this person in relation to the others?

Thank you so much for taking a look :)
Nina

Researching Surnames: Paolini, Polidoro, Salutari, Musti and many others- Castelvecchio Subequo; L'Aquila Province.

my husband"s side - Cancellieri/e, Trapani, Giambanco, Ruggeri, and many others - Palermo & Carini, Sicily
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: help with this translation please

Post by liviomoreno »

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that "Joanne Gregorio" = "Giamgregorio" which is the surname of Giacomo Antonio Luigi.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

"Joanne Gregorio" is the family surname in Latin same as "Giangregorio" in Italian at the bottom, since this is a Latin baptism record for the groom that was used his marriage to Elisabetta Salutario Aug 23, 1832. The de in front may indicate that the surname at one time was "De Joanne Gregorio."
stellina13
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stellina13 »

Thank you so much!
Nina

Researching Surnames: Paolini, Polidoro, Salutari, Musti and many others- Castelvecchio Subequo; L'Aquila Province.

my husband"s side - Cancellieri/e, Trapani, Giambanco, Ruggeri, and many others - Palermo & Carini, Sicily