Pricolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bannah22

Pricolo

Post by bannah22 »

Mishele Pricolo DOB: July 3, 1877 possibly from San Grumento Nova Naples Italy, but the last place of residence was Saponara as stated on the ships manifest. He left Naples Italy on September 7, 1900 on the Kaiser Wilhelm ship and arrived at the Port of New York on September 20, 1900. Joined his brother in Los Banos CA before moving to Stockton CA. DOD: July 1, 1929 in Stockton California. Belong to the (U.P.E.C. organization.)? exactly where was he born in Italy? His wife Luvisa (Luigia/Louise) Pricolo do not know maiden name DOB: December 24, 1877 possibly San Grumento Nova Naples, Italy, but last residence was Saponara as stated on the ships manifest. She left Naples on June 8 1905 on the Sardegna Ship with young son Giovanni and Antonio with her. She arrived at the Port of New York on June 23, 1905. When she arrived the note takers spelled her name Luigia Pricola.
Also numbers located next to her name on the manifest are 22X25756505 4/29/42 and on her son Antonio 22X23094505 9/4/41 DOD: January 12, 1966 San Joaquin
On the ships manifest it said she was joining her husband Mishele in Los Banos. So Where they moved to Stockton CA shortly after. I am sure it is her. Also in the 1910 census it said they had boarders. if I am correct: Augo Alamino, Peter and Ben Conscrici, and James Ferirri. Mishele and Luvisa' address was 1104 E Sonora, Stockton CA. Mishele owned a grocery store at 414 S Union St. Stockton, CA. Does anyone know Luvisa' maiden name and where exactly Mishele and her were born at in Italy. Also what was the name of their grocery store in Stockton? They would have had owned it about 1908 to 1930. Son took over after Mishele died. Also note takers spelled our name Pricola, but my great grandparents kept it Pricolo. Thank you
Pamela M Pricolo-Tamez
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Pricolo

Post by suanj »

Hi,
the right surname is Pricolo;

the little Antonio Pricolo was born in Saponara di Grumento town, son of Michele Pricolo and Luigia Pricolo ( yes same surname) and the informant, the midwife declared that Michele was "far" from town... Antonio was born the 10 march 1901
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/435/antoniopricolo.jpg

as a well the little Giovanni Pricolo born the 22 may 1897 in Saponara di Grumento
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8697/g ... ricolo.jpg

Pricolo Michele (son of late Giovanni and Teresa Ciuffo) and Pricolo Luigia( daughter of Antonio and maria Teresa Brandi) both of Saponara di Grumento, married in Saponara di Grumento the 25 nov 1895

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8031 ... rriage.jpg

so no doubts abt the surname and no problem with birth town ( San Grumento Nova exist not; exist Grumento Nova; but all your ancestors was from Saponara di Grumento)
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
cmm

Post by cmm »

bannah22 wrote:Mishele Pricolo DOB: July 3, 1877 possibly from San Grumento Nova Naples Italy, but the last place of residence was Saponara as stated on the ships manifest. He left Naples Italy on September 7, 1900 on the Kaiser Wilhelm ship and arrived at the Port of New York on September 20, 1900. Joined his brother in Los Banos CA before moving to Stockton CA. DOD: July 1, 1929 in Stockton California. Belong to the (U.P.E.C. organization.)? exactly where was he born in Italy? His wife Luvisa (Luigia/Louise) Pricolo do not know maiden name DOB: December 24, 1877 possibly San Grumento Nova Naples, Italy, but last residence was Saponara as stated on the ships manifest. She left Naples on June 8 1905 on the Sardegna Ship with young son Giovanni and Antonio with her. She arrived at the Port of New York on June 23, 1905. When she arrived the note takers spelled her name Luigia Pricola.
Also numbers located next to her name on the manifest are 22X25756505 4/29/42 and on her son Antonio 22X23094505 9/4/41 DOD: January 12, 1966 San Joaquin
On the ships manifest it said she was joining her husband Mishele in Los Banos. So Where they moved to Stockton CA shortly after. I am sure it is her. Also in the 1910 census it said they had boarders. if I am correct: Augo Alamino, Peter and Ben Conscrici, and James Ferirri. Mishele and Luvisa' address was 1104 E Sonora, Stockton CA. Mishele owned a grocery store at 414 S Union St. Stockton, CA. Does anyone know Luvisa' maiden name and where exactly Mishele and her were born at in Italy. Also what was the name of their grocery store in Stockton? They would have had owned it about 1908 to 1930. Son took over after Mishele died. Also note takers spelled our name Pricola, but my great grandparents kept it Pricolo. Thank you
Pamela M Pricolo-Tamez
I have family ties to Michel Angelo Sarbo who married Mary (Barnardo) Pricolo. They were both from the Grumento Nova, Italy area. The immagrated over to Los Banos, CA USA. Maybe we have a connection?
bannah22

Post by bannah22 »

suanj wrote:Hi,

the little Antonio Pricolo was born in Saponara di Grumento town, son of Michele Pricolo and Luigia Pricolo ( yes same surname) and the informant, the midwife declared that Michele was "far" from town... Antonio was born the 10 march 1901

as a well the little Giovanni Pricolo born the 22 may 1897 in Saponara di Grumento

Pricolo Michele (son of late Giovanni and Teresa Ciuffo) and Pricolo Luigia( daughter of Antonio and maria Teresa Brandi) both of Saponara di Grumento, married in Saponara di Grumento the 25 nov 1895

so no doubts abt the surname and no problem with birth town ( San Grumento Nova exist not; exist Grumento Nova; but all your ancestors was from Saponara di Grumento)
suanj
Thank you SOOOOOO much I have been trying to find information and now I have more. If you could possibly find any pictures of Luigia and Michele I would be greatly and deeply appreciative. Thank you Pamela
bannah22

Post by bannah22 »

suanj wrote:Hi,

suanj
The documents you attached do not come out clear enough for me to read. Would you be able to give me clearer documents. Or do I need to go to your site and order them?

Thank you
Pamela
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

All those records are on ancestry.com world subscription of Saponara di Grumento
Here they are
CLICK FOR RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The right record
Pricolo Michele and Pricolo Luigia marriage record

INDEX #9
Death record 1886 Feb 2nd in the town of Saponara di Grumento died Giovanni Pricolo age 61 born and residing in Saponara di Grumento son of deceased Michelangelo Pricolo and deceased Rosalia Brandi husband of Teresa Ciuffo

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
vicentepricolo

Post by vicentepricolo »

Michele Pricolo was married to her cousin Luigia Pricolo and registration ttps :/ / familysearch.org / pal :/ MM9.3.1/TH-1942-33315-6-6? Cc = 2043547 & wc = M9M6-Y86: 1211340491
Michele Pricolo:
Pricolo Michelangelo Grandfather, Father Giovanni Pricolo, Mother Teresa Ciuffo.
Brothers (known) Rosa, Antonio, Vincenzo, Luigi, Michelangelo, Francesco, Maria Rosa (known as Marianna).
Luigia Pricolo:
Father Antonio Vincenzo Pricolo, Mother Maria Teresa Brandi.
Brothers (known) Giovanni, Vincenzo, Giuseppe, Clementine.
Trad.by Google.
vicentepricolo

Post by vicentepricolo »

Pricolo Gaetano's father was Antonio Vincenzo Pricolo.
bannah22

Post by bannah22 »

Thank you Thank you!!
bannah22

Post by bannah22 »

what can you tell me about the surname Brandi, That seems like an odd name. Is it from Saponara?
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

bannah22 wrote:what can you tell me about the surname Brandi, That seems like an odd name. Is it from Saponara?
Hi there

I have just spent the last seven to eight months going through the BDMs for Saponara 1866-1910 and the name Brandi was definitely a common name in Saponara back then. I am currently looking at the years 1861-1864 and it appears there also.

You will see that the name still appears in the Italian White Pages for Grumento Nova (previously called Saponara di Grumento): http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?l=e ... mento+nova

I don't know exactly where the surname Brandi originated from but yes it is a Saponara name. I'll do a little search and see what I can find out or maybe Vicente or someone else knows more.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:
bannah22 wrote:what can you tell me about the surname Brandi, That seems like an odd name. Is it from Saponara?
Hi there

I have just spent the last seven to eight months going through the BDMs for Saponara 1866-1910 and the name Brandi was definitely a common name in Saponara back then. I am currently looking at the years 1861-1864 and it appears there also.

You will see that the name still appears in the Italian White Pages for Grumento Nova (previously called Saponara di Grumento): http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?l=e ... mento+nova

I don't know exactly where the surname Brandi originated from but yes it is a Saponara name. I'll do a little search and see what I can find out or maybe Vicente or someone else knows more.

Angela
I’ve done a quick google search and there is actually a lot on line about the surname Brandi. You might find this site here interesting http://brandi.name/ Just click on the tabs at the top i.e. Origins, Coat of Arms, in Italy etc. There are other sites also which might be better and give more information. I liked this one because it was clear and not too long and I'm in a bit rushed :)

Just briefly, it looks to me like the name Brandi appears throughout Italy, dates as far back as 1081 and may have had its beginnings in Venice. The largest concentration of the name appears in Rome, Florence and Naples. The name possibly means “sword” . (I’m always open to correction.) Have fun finding out more. :D

I’m not sure whether you realise it but some records for Saponara were put on line December 2012. If you didn’t know this and are keen to go through the records let me know and I will post some links here for you.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

SURNAME BRANDI

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Pamela, I just read your two posts which you placed about an hour ago. In case you haven’t looked at it already, you may be interested in the following topic re Jewish-Italians: http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic29459.html

The surname “Brandi” is listed there as being of Jewish origin.

Angela
bannah22

Post by bannah22 »

Yes please post some links. I am always searching. Thank you