1838 Marriage -Maria Munforti-Giuseppe Tomaso LaCava

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

1838 Marriage -Maria Munforti-Giuseppe Tomaso LaCava

Post by Haztek »

Maria Munforti & Giuseppe Tomaso La Cava Record # 13
At 10 AM on 17 April 1838 before Don Bartolomeo Nato, Mayor of the Comune of Raccuja, District of Patti, Messina, appeared Giuseppe Tomaso La Cava, age 28, born in Raccuja, District of Patti, Messina, profession of shepherd, living in Raccuja, son of Antonio, profession of shepherd, living in Raccuja, and Fortunata Tripoli, profession of weaver/spinner, living in Raccuja,
AND Maria Munforti, age 18, born in Raccuja, living in Raccuja, daughter of Sactano (?), profession of middle class, living in Raccuja, and Nunzia Palazzolo, profession of weaver/spinner.

Married on 24 April 1838

Witnesses: Giovanni Murcciololla, age 57, profession of (bottegaio) shopkeeper, living in Raccuja,
Mro (Maestro) Giuseppe Orifici, age 50, farmer, living in Raccuja.

Mro (Maestro) Salvadore Cosella, age 35, carpenter, living in Raccuja.
Thanks, jerry
http://postimage.org/image/qlfo1f5tp/
http://postimage.org/image/3s0i951lb/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: 1838 Marriage -Maria Munforti-Giuseppe Tomaso LaCava

Post by erudita74 »

Maria's father's first name was Gaetano.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

The witness Giovanni-his surname seems to start with the letters Tuccio-I don't know if the next letter is an L or not, as it doesn't look like the L in other words in the document. I can't seem to find a possible surname for him anywhere. I even tried Faccia or Faccio as a beginning, but still nothing with the rest of the ending. I'm pretty sure the first letter is a T though, as we see it throughout the record. Do you have any other records in which this surname appears or any index in which it does?
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

I just looked..and do not have any other records with that name. I did a google search and Tuccio appears as a name. The last part does look like Lolla to me.

jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.