Carmela Mollica domiciliato?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Haztek
Master
Master

Carmela Mollica domiciliato?

Post by Haztek »

What is the word/words after domiciliato for Carmela Mollica. It looks like "con esso?" Also, right after that, what is after "e da"

Thanks, jerry
http://postimage.org/image/5xpbssrjp/
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Carmela Mollica domiciliato?

Post by erudita74 »

It is "da esso." After the other da is "esso dichiarante."
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Thanks erudita74.

I was hoping that this birth record would give a clue as to where Nunzia Munforti's parents were born/married. I have checked the marriage records for Raccuja for the years 1840 to 1860 and can't find a marriage record. (they are on line at: http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... e/Raccuia/

and

http://antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/ ... o/Raccuia/

I also have been unable to find a birth record for her parents (Antonino Munforti and Carmella Mollica) I am thinking that they were from another town and perhaps moved there before Ninzia was born.
jerry
Researching Crispino, Simeone, Cillo, & Girardi in Rotondi & Cervinara. Malvuccio, Lo Grande, Astone, & Munforti in Raccuja.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry
Have you found birth records for any of Nunzia's siblings born earlier than her in the town?

I assume that you went through all of the marriage indices for the years you mention that follow the various years' records. It's possible that Nunzia's mother was from another town and that her parents married in that town, and then moved in with his parents (in his native town, which may have been Raccuja) after the marriage. Even though, from this birth record, Antonio's estimated year of birth is 1823, it's possible he was born before 1820, and the start of the Sicilian civil records in 1820. Maybe that's why you can't find his birth record in this town. Ages of parents in children's birth records are not always accurate.

I also suggest that you check the marriage indices for the towns of Barcellona and Milazzo, which I believe are close to Raccuja.
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Thanks for the suggestions. I have not found any siblings of Nunzia. I may have to check out the two towns you named for me. I appreciate it.

Thanks,
jerry
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

http://www.avitrees.com/LastNameSearch.jsp

At the above link, you will find a list of towns where the Mollica surname is found. There are a lot of towns in Messina Province, so you have your work cut out for you. I looked through some of the indices for the marriage records in Raccuja, and I don't see that surname appearing there. I think Carmela was from another town and that they married in her town, since there don't appear to be missing years with the Raccuja records.

The other thing was that I saw in passing one marriage record for a Munforti which had a mother whose first name was Nunzia. Now I can't find it again, but I looked at that record to see if the mother was from another town, and it didn't appear that she was. I figured that if the Nunzia whose birth record you found was Antonio and Carmela's first daughter, then she would have been named for his mother. So possibly the record I saw was for a sibling of his, but I have to find it again.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

erudita74 wrote:http://www.avitrees.com/LastNameSearch.jsp

At the above link, you will find a list of towns where the Mollica surname is found. There are a lot of towns in Messina Province, so you have your work cut out for you. I looked through some of the indices for the marriage records in Raccuja, and I don't see that surname appearing there. I think Carmela was from another town and that they married in her town, since there don't appear to be missing years with the Raccuja records.

The other thing was that I saw in passing one marriage record for a Munforti which had a mother whose first name was Nunzia. Now I can't find it again, but I looked at that record to see if the mother was from another town, and it didn't appear that she was. I figured that if the Nunzia whose birth record you found was Antonio and Carmela's first daughter, then she would have been named for his mother. So possibly the record I saw was for a sibling of his, but I have to find it again.

The marriage record for which I was searching was for an Anna Munforti who married Aug 26, 1840. Her parents were Gaetano M. and Nunzia Palazzolo. She was 24 b. abt 1816 in Raccuia. I was thinking she could be a sibling of Antonio M. and that these might be his parents too. This is just speculation at this point, of course.
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

I found 3 Antonia Munforti's born to Gaetano and Nunzia Palazzolo in Raccuja!!

Antonia born in 1828 Image 39
Antonia born in 1830 Image 24
Antonia born in 1832 Image 28

Thanks, jerry
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry
I found a sibling for Nunzia Munforti in the death records. I am looking for other children of Antonino M and Carmela Mollica to narrow down their marriage year.

The sibling was a Signorina Munforti (death record #12-image 9) who died at age 5 on March 12, 1857. Her mother's surname is written as Molica in the death record. So you need to search for her birth record which should be in either 1851 or 1852.

I also found in the 1857 death records a Nunzia Palazzolo who died at age 60, record #43, image 24-death on July (16?),1857. She was born in Raccuia and was married-it says maritato, but her husband's name is not given in the record, nor are the names of her parents. So you may want to keep this info aside in case we find it belongs to your ancestry.

I just found a death record for a Molica Basilia who died in 1853. Her town of birth is given and I am trying to decipher its name. She was an 80 year old widow. Her parents were a Francesco and an Anna Ernista(sp?). It is record #8. I am wondering if this could be the clue we need for Carmela Molica's town. I'll get back to you when I figure it out.

I figured out that the name of the town in this death record is Gioiosa. I started looking through some of the marriage indices in this town, and the surname Molica is common there, but I just finished looking though marriage indices from 1840 in that town and only found one Carmela Molica in 1845, who married a Carmelo Ricciardo Calderaro on Sept 25, 1845 #29. I guess your Antonino and Carmela did not marry in that town. Sorry.
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Thank you for all of your help. I will look for the birth record for Signorina Munforti in 1851 or 1852 as you suggested. Nunziata was born on 7 January 1859 in Raccuja.

I will also look for the 1857 death record for a Nunzia Palazzolo, record 43, image 24 as you suggested, and save it.

Jerry
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry,
You may have already found this:

Signorina Munforti was born on May 2, 1852 Record #35, image 37. Her father Antonino was age 30, mother Carmela age 22.

I also checked the birth indices from 1847 to 1851, but didn't see any other children for them in those years.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry
Another child for Antonino and Carmela-don't know if you have this-

Giuseppa Maria Munforti born on July 10, 1861, record #57, image #60. Antonino was 38 (b. 1823) and Carmela Maria Molica (here we get a middle name for her) was age 30 (b. abt 1831). I don't see any children for them born after this date.

I went back to the earlier births and found a Giuseppe Munforti born to Gaetano M and Nunzia Palazzolo on June 13, 1823, record #32, image 34 in 07/01/1823-3/11/1823. I was hoping that this Giuseppe had a middle name of Antonino, so that perhaps it was your ancestor, but no such luck finding a second name for Giuseppe. In this record, the father Gaetano was age 50 living in this town and nella Coronata di Zappa (I don't if this is supposed to be a street name-I can't find a town with this name, unless it is a frazione). The mother Nunzia Palazzolo was age 36.
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

Thank you erudita74 for all of your research. I don't think I will solve this one too quickly!

jerry
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Jerry
Here is another child of Antonino M and Carmela Mollica (double "l" on record)- Death Record #41 for Francesca Munforti, died on Aug 29, 1865 at age 8 months. Image 24. So you need to find her birth record-hopefully in early 1865, or late 1864.

In some record, we will get a clue to the place of their marriage. Just don't give up.
Haztek
Master
Master

Post by Haztek »

I wrote down all of the towns were Mollica appears, thanks to your info. Then I went to the Raccuja website and it shows a list of nearby towns. Two appear on both lists: Patti 10.7 KM away, and Montagnareale 9.2 KM away. Also,I will look for the birth record of Francesca Munforti.

Thanks, jerry