Balzarini and Malnati

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
annecat5

Balzarini and Malnati

Post by annecat5 »

I am desperately needing some help. I've hit a brick wall and am hoping someone on here can assist me.
I met a woman recently whose entire family was from Italy and I begged her to let me research them (yes...I'm a genealogy addict :lol: )

I know that her grandfather Paolo Balzarini was from Barza and immigrated to Boston in 1912. He married a Josephine/Guiseppina Bidorini (not sure is this is the correct spelling...the family knows very little about their ancestors origins).

According to the ship manifest, Paolo's fathers name was Giovanni Balzarini. Using LDS records and ships manifests for some of Paolo's brothers, I was able to determine that Giovanni's wife was named Rose Malnati.

Please help. I'm not sure if the way I see the name spelled is the way it would show up on Italian records (Malnati vs. Malnate). I am not sure where to access records. I don't speak Italian and I know very little about the political divisions in the country which makes it even harder. :cry:

I would so very much appreciate any information or assistance anyone could give me.
Thanks! :D

Anne
paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Balzarini and Malnati

Post by paola52 »

Barza is part of the comune of Angera, province of Varese, Lombardy. Balzarini, Bidorini and Malnati are common surnames in the area.
Better write to the Comune, and ask for the Atto di nascita (Birth Certificate) of Paolo Balzarini, son of Giovanni and Rosa Malnati But you must give them some more info about the date of birth. The address is
anagrafe@comune.angera.it
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
annecat5

Post by annecat5 »

Paola-

Thank you so much for the information! It has already helped me immensely. I will email the Comune and see if they can help me.

I will keep you posted :-) You've been a big help!

Anne
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

:) Prego!
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin