D'Angelo / Conte -- Roccamorice to Lipari to America

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DD'Angelo

D'Angelo / Conte -- Roccamorice to Lipari to America

Post by DD'Angelo »

I am researching the family of Clemente Antonio (or Antonio Clemente) D'Angelo.

According to his marriage record, he was born around 1843 in Roccamorice (Pescara, Abruzzo), and his parents were Nico D'Angelo and Francesca Conte. I have no further information about his parents, although I presume they are also from Roccamorice.

He removed to Lipari (Messina, Sicilia) sometime before 1884, where he married Grazia Iacono. Their son Antonio D'Angelo was born there in Lipari late in 1884.

When son Antonio married (to Concetta Giuliano) in 1907, his marriage record indicates that his father "Antonio" (the name Clemente does not appear) was a resident of America.

I am hoping to tie this Antonio Clemente / Clemente Antonio D'Angelo to his correct family, both in Roccamorice and in the United States. I'm also trying to understand how he ended up in Lipari.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: D'Angelo / Conte -- Roccamorice to Lipari to America

Post by Tessa78 »

DD'Angelo wrote:I am researching the family of Clemente Antonio (or Antonio Clemente) D'Angelo.

According to his marriage record, he was born around 1843 in Roccamorice (Pescara, Abruzzo), and his parents were Nico D'Angelo and Francesca Conte. I have no further information about his parents, although I presume they are also from Roccamorice.

He removed to Lipari (Messina, Sicilia) sometime before 1884, where he married Grazia Iacono. Their son Antonio D'Angelo was born there in Lipari late in 1884.

When son Antonio married (to Concetta Giuliano) in 1907, his marriage record indicates that his father "Antonio" (the name Clemente does not appear) was a resident of America.

I am hoping to tie this Antonio Clemente / Clemente Antonio D'Angelo to his correct family, both in Roccamorice and in the United States. I'm also trying to understand how he ended up in Lipari.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Here is the birth record of Antonio D'Angelo, born in Lipari on 7 October 1884, to Antonio D'Angelo, 55, manufacturer/trader; and his wife Grazia Iacono, peasant farmer, both residents of Lipari.
(This would make the father's birth year about 1829, not 1843...)
The child was presented to the town official by a midwife because the father was absent.

Bottom right - record #282

In the request for publication of the banns of marriage for Antonio D'Angelo and Concetta Giuliano in 1907 (5 April), Antonio's father is listed as residing in America.
At the bottom of the record, in script, it indicates that the father of the groom was not there to give his consent because he has been abroad much...and is "irreperibile" (no where to be found) and one cannot know absolutely of his existence, resulting in a notarized act presented authorizing the mother to give consent(?)

right side - #14

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Hi T if you look at that the marriage act of 1884 it shows he was 41 in 1884 so that would make it 1843 for the birth year
CLICK FOR RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

adelfio wrote:Hi T if you look at that the marriage act of 1884 it shows he was 41 in 1884 so that would make it 1843 for the birth year
CLICK FOR RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Marty
Yes, Marty... I was just looking at the Marriage Banns and that is the same. Age 41 in 1884. :-)
Looks like the clerk made an error in his age on Antonio's birth record :wink:

In the banns, he is listed as Clemente Antonio D'Angiolo... son of deceased Nicolantonio and deceased Francesca Conte.
One of the documents he provided was the death record of his first wife, Concetta Monticelli, who died in Napoli, Sezione S. Lorenzo.
Grazia Iacono was also married before, and provided the act of death for her husband, Giuseppe Giaquinto.

Banns... #9 - left side

T.
DD'Angelo

Post by DD'Angelo »

Wow!! I am flat amazed! Thank you VERY much for this help!

I have (very poor quality) copies of the birth and marriage, hadn't seen the banns. The writing (that I have) was nearly illegible so your replies are doubly helpful because of the quality of these electronic images.

May I ask where / how you found these records so quickly?

I am a very new student of the Italian language. Looking at the banns, I am struggling a little bit with the translations. If Clemente Antonio's first wife died in Napoli, why would he have provided documentation from Roccamorice?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Records were on familysearch.org just join no charge safe site a lot of info and Italian records
Italy, Messina, Messina, ...on (Tribunale), 1866-1939
Lipari
Matrimoni 1866-1902
Image pg 1221 of 1946
PAGE LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=14215445

Clemente Antonio first wife was either born there or they resided in Napoli

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What I would do is email Archivio di Stato di Pescara for Clemente Antonio D'Angelo birth record to verify he was born in Roccamorice and since he was born before 1860's I would send for the information to the Archivio di Stato di Pescara

e-mail: as-pe@beniculturali.it

Archivio di Stato di Pescara
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di atti di nascita di Clemente Antonio D'Angelo

Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo YOUR NAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Roccamorice. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persona:
Nome e cognome: Clemente Antonio D'Angelo
Data di nascita: 1840-1845
Luogo di nascita: Roccamorice
Nome e cognome del padre: Nicolantonio D'Angelo
Nome e cognome della madre: Francesca Conte
Potreste cercare l’atto di nascita di questa persona nei vostri registri
Per favore, vi chiedo di spedirmi delle fotocopi atti di nascita.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL ADDRESS PHOTO ID

Marty

Marty
DD'Angelo

Post by DD'Angelo »

Marty,

You are a huge help!

I will try emailing. Do these officials usually respond to emails? And do they want money?

Thank you very very much!

Daryl
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

DD'Angelo wrote:Marty,

You are a huge help!

I will try emailing. Do these officials usually respond to emails? And do they want money?

Thank you very very much!

Daryl
At the Archivio di Stato's they usually respond a week to a month they will let you know if they will charge you for records

Marty

Marty
gio123456

Post by gio123456 »

Hello .... saw your posting ... you enticed me to respond ... my name is Gio' both my parents are/were from Roccamorice. Clemente Antonio D'Angelo b. 23 Nov 1842 Roccamorice, son of Nicola Antonio D'Angelo and Francesca Conte. Confirmed that Clemente Antonio D'Angelo had a brother Vincenzo Sante D'Angelo. He Clemente Antonio married Cesidia Elisabetta Menna (she passed away 1883 Roccamorice)on 08 Dec 1870, Chiesa Del Barone, Roccamorice. Second marriage to Grazia Iacono b. 18 Sept 1850 Lipari, Messina, Sicilia, they married 10 Mar 1884, Chiesa Del Barone, Roccamorice ... this is documented. Grazia Iacono, daughter of Salvatore Iacono and Giuseppa Lauricella. I have no idea how he ended up in Sicily. Contact me: ******@****.** .... I'll invite you to my family tree on ancestry.ca or ancestry.com (same tree ancestry.ca for Canadian cousins, ancestry.com for our American cousins). Cheers! Gio'