Comunes

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mbole

Comunes

Post by mbole »

:?: Can someone help me please.

Is there is a list of communes in Italy with the email addresses where I can find birth, marriage and death information?
The largest mine accident in Canada occurred in 1914. 189 men died instantly. Of those men 35 were Italian. There is to be a Commemoration in 2014 and I am part of a committee trying to search the roots of those 35 men.
For further information you can check http://hillcrestminedisaster.com/data/i ... ry:Italian

Thanks for your consideration
Mary Bole :D
JCFV

Re: Comunes

Post by JCFV »

Hello- Click on the province and the list of communes in that province will come up. Then click on the desired commune-Contact info and a link to the communes official website will come up. http://en.comuni-italiani.it/province.html Thank you for sharing the above link. Very sobering.
JCFV

Post by JCFV »

PS I forgot to ask if you have a program that will translate these pages for you into English (if you need it ) Here is one that I use- google chrome (free download) https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/ and the option to translate pages that come up in other languages : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/an ... wer=173424
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

On line translators are not always appropriate for something this important. Please send me a private message. Maybe I can help as a volunteer and as a Canadian.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
JCFV

Post by JCFV »

mbole

Post by mbole »

Thank you all for replies.

I sent off 10 emails today to comunes on the list supplied by JCFV - and 5 of the 10 were returned to me - undeliverable - do you know if a different list exists or have any further ideas?

Perhaps not all the smaller towns have emails?
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

mbole wrote:Thank you all for replies.

I sent off 10 emails today to comunes on the list supplied by JCFV - and 5 of the 10 were returned to me - undeliverable - do you know if a different list exists or have any further ideas?

Perhaps not all the smaller towns have emails?
Can you post of list of the comunes whose emails were returned? Perhaps we can locate current email addresses for those towns.

Erudita
mbole

Post by mbole »

As posted previously I am searching for 35 Italian men who were working in Hillcrest, Alberta, Canada and died in a mine explosion in 1914. The name of the men may have been anglicized. The date of birth was from mine records. Most other information came from ships passenger lists.
I sent out 10 emails to communes where I believe the miners originated requesting birth certificates. The following 5 were returned to me as undeliverable. Can someone help me with an email addresses for the following 5 comunes, please?
Angere, Province Varese
Loria, Province Treviso
Altivole, Province Treviso
Bovalino, Province Reggio Calabria
Mammola, Province L’Aquila
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Hi Mary!

Angera Province of Varese

Address of the Comune
Piazza Garibaldi, 14 - 21021 Angera (VA)

Request for birth certificates should be addressed to the Anagrafe
anagrafe@comune.angera.it

Some civil records for Angera are on line at Ancestry.com, but I have had a look and the birth records for the end of the nineteenth century unfortunately are not among them.
I also followed the link you posted with the names of the dead miners
Parnisari is surely a very common surname in Angera, and Tamborini and Gianoli are also found in this area. By the way Barzola is now part of the Comune of Angera, but was a separate Comune until 1928
As it is an historical matter you could also send an email to the local Museum. There are local historians who are studying emigration and maybe they can help you
biblioteca-museo@comune.angera.it

Good luck with your research
Ciao :D
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

mbole

Post by mbole »

Thank you to both of you - will try those addresses - and will also try the emigration angle - I got my first reply today - exciting.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

mbole wrote:Thank you to both of you - will try those addresses - and will also try the emigration angle - I got my first reply today - exciting.
Keep us posted.
Erudita