Location name help from census record, please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
295tro

Location name help from census record, please

Post by 295tro »

Does anybody have a clue as to the location name ("Santrlir"???) vertically sandwiched between Benevento and Riccia on this census record? My GGM was born in Macchia, as was her mother, but the location name I am asking about is the place of birth for her father. (My GGF was born in Riccia, with parents from Benevento.) I need to figure out exactly which "Macchia" in Italy I should send birth and marriage records requests concerning my GGM. Seems like there are several Macchia locations. But if "Santrlir" is located in the same area as all of the other places, then I'm thinking Macchia, Province of Isernia, Molise, Italy is my best bet (rather than, for instance, the Macchia in Sicily!).

Also, any advice for requesting marriage records for my GGM if I end up with no clue as to place or year? I've got the dates and locations for just about everything else including her birth, but nothing thus far clearly speaks to their marriage information.

Below is a short & long link to the same census record excerpt. Thank you in advance!

http://tinyurl.com/d6g47va

or

https://picasaweb.google.com/pandacam/A ... directlink
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Location name help from census record, please

Post by adelfio »

What is your GGM name and birth date

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

There is a village called Macchie which is very close to Riccia they a re both in the province of Campobasso. The location name you are searching for may be "Sant'Elia a Pianisi" province of Campobasso.
295tro

Post by 295tro »

Thank you both for the assistance. Another record that will hopefully add some detail is now on order.