Filippo Aprile - Birth Record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Filippo Aprile - Birth Record

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

I am trying to figure out if the birth record I found is actually my great-great grandfather, Filippo Aprile. According to my records, he was born in 1835. I found a birth record, but I don't know if the last name is Aprile. I am not too good with the way the style of Italian handwriting, so I can't tell if it is April or something else. Here is the link to the actual record:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Here is the link to the index - number 147:

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 5.jpg.html

If I could have someone else look at this for another opinion. Thank you very much.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA :wink:
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Filippo Aprile - Birth Record

Post by adelfio »

Sue
Looks like the surname is Aiello

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

adelfio wrote:Sue
Looks like the surname is Aiello

Marty

The surname in this record is spelled Ajello. There are actually individuals in the town of Patti in the current Italian phonebook with the surname spelled with a j and not an i as in Aiello. The two surnames though are really one and the same, so Marty is not wrong. It was common for the "j" to replace "i" in some of the Sicilian surnames. The surname though is definitely not Aprile.

Erudita
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you Marty and Erudita. I had a feeling it was no Aprile, but I thought I would ask for the professional opinion. Back to the records - thanks again.
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA