Poggio Imperiale

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
MoPet

Poggio Imperiale

Post by MoPet »

Happy to have found this forum! My husband and I hope to locate where my great grandparents once had a farm, most likely in Poggio Imperiale, the last area they lived before my Great Grandmother emigrated to the USA with several of her younger children. It is understood that he died in that area before she left. We have records for births of children born in both giovinazzo and poggio Imperiale, and some death dates for infants too. No death dates for children who remained in Poggio Imperiale as adults. We know my great grandmother returned to Italy to divide up said land/ farm between their adult children that had remained in Italy and were fighting for ownership.

This September we will travel to Italy to visit ancestral towns. I would like to locate where their land was, see it, find out what happened to it, and what happened to the children who remained-- whether there are descendants, etc.

Any direction is greatly appreciated. Here is some info.
Great Grandfather- Donato DeNinno, born 3 Feb 1851 in Giovinazzo, Bari, Puglia- married 16 Nov 1878 to-
Great Grandmother- Rosa Donata LaBombarda born 20 May 1858 Giovinazzo, Bari, Puglia

Children with no death dates- may possibly have inherited farm:
Giosafatto DeNinno born 10 May 1879 Giovinazzo- believed to have emigrated to USA, then returned to Italy- death would be some time after 1944- place unknown. Marriage record unknown.

Vita Maria DeNinno born 01 Jan 1881 in Giovinazzo- death date- marriage record unknown

Maria Lucia DeNinno born 16 Dec 1882 in Giovinazzo- death date/marriage record unknown.

Three children died young- born and assumed buried in Poggio Imperile:

Caterina DeNinno born 03 April 1889 Poggio Imperiale/ died 17 Sept 1890
Giuseppe DeNinno born 13 Feb 1891 Poggio Imperialr/ died 30 July 1895
Corsignana DeNinno born 15 Jan 1900 Poggio Imperiale/ died 05 Dec 1900

Seven other children emigrated to the US.

Thanks so much for any help!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Poggio Imperiale

Post by Tessa78 »

You may wish to write directly to the Anagrafe Office in the Comune of Poggio Imperiale to request "il certificato di stato di famiglia della famiglia Di Ninno." [state of family certificate]

Address:
Ufficio Anagrafe di Poggio Imperiale
Via Vittorio Veneto, 4
71010 Poggio Imperiale (FG)
ITALY

Help with letter of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter2.html

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Poggio Imperiale

Post by Tessa78 »

Tessa78 wrote:You may wish to write directly to the Anagrafe Office in the Comune of Poggio Imperiale to request "il certificato di stato di famiglia della famiglia Di Ninno." [state of family certificate]

Address:
Ufficio Anagrafe di Poggio Imperiale
Via Vittorio Veneto, 4
71010 Poggio Imperiale (FG)
ITALY

Help with letter of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter2.html

T.

EDIT TO ADD to the above:

Surname in Foggia is found with several spellings :-)
De Ninno, Dininno, Di Ninno, Deninno
The most common is DE NINNO...

T.