Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I found an immigration record and I need help with one word, a surname. The record is in the arrival record from Palermo on July 23 1912. The ship name is Taormina The family is D'Antoni, Eleonora and her two children Salvatore Calamia and Michela Calamia. The surname is of Eleonora's mother across the page. Her name is Antonia ????
Would someone please help me with that? Thank you! Of course, if anyone can help with this family in Italy I would appreciate that as well. I know Eleonora married John Calamia and they immigrated to the US. No info of them or family in IT.
Addamo wrote:I found an immigration record and I need help with one word, a surname. The record is in the arrival record from Palermo on July 23 1912. The ship name is Taormina The family is D'Antoni, Eleonora and her two children Salvatore Calamia and Michela Calamia. The surname is of Eleonora's mother across the page. Her name is Antonia ????
Would someone please help me with that? Thank you! Of course, if anyone can help with this family in Italy I would appreciate that as well. I know Eleonora married John Calamia and they immigrated to the US. No info of them or family in IT.
Gini Addamo
Hi Gini
I am reading Antonia Pantaleo, Contrada Bosco, Marsala [Trapani]
Destination was to Giacomo Calamia, 621 - 3rd Ave., Elizabeth, NJ
Address to write directly to the comune of Marsala to request marriage record of Giacomo Calamia and Eleonora D'Antoni
Address: Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Garibaldi, 1
91025 Marsala (TP)
ITALY
Thank you again! I really appreciate the quick responses. Since I know I can't be of much help on this site, when I went to Sicily last year, I took many photos of headstones and put them up on Findagrave. I know that every little bit helps! The photos came from Montevago (AG) and some from Montefalcione (AV). We're going back again next year (to those areas) to visit family. I'm taking an Italian class this time...
Very few works have been published in English on the topics of Italian heraldry, nobility and onomatology as these relate to genealogy. Yet all three fields depend upon genealogical research. This concise presentation is not intended as a historical treatise, but rather as a simple guide for those i...