Marriage record: Bivona, Sicily 1800s

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
StregaMarlena

Marriage record: Bivona, Sicily 1800s

Post by StregaMarlena »

I am trying to find a marriage record of Gioachino Camilleri-Nobile (Or Nobile-Camilleri) born 1842 in Bivona, Sicily. He is my Great Grandfather, according to records found on the Italian Gen. site. If anyone can find any marriage, or even death record of this person, I would be very grateful. I am trying to find the name of my Great Grandmother, which is not listed on the birth record of my Grandmother, nor on her marriage record, which we have already found. Her name was Vita Nobile. Thank you very much.
StregaMarlena
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Marriage record: Bivona, Sicily 1800s

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
The marriage record says madre ignoto which is a good chance she was born out of wedlock unless somewhere down the line they married and recongnized Vita Nobile as their daughter
Marriage record for reference
PG LINK
INDEX#19

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1588608558

You can check through the records for the death in Bivona of Gioachino Camilleri-Nobile for he was dead before 1888 Aug 31

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello :-D

Maybe this will be of some help ---

In the Publication of the Banns (Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio) dated 13 August 1888,
Consent for the minor bride is given by her guardian. He is named as Cavaliere Dot. Agostino Perricone.
The record also appears to mention that a copy of this guardianship is contained in the allegati of this register (hope someone else can confirm what I am reading :-) )

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n118701951

T.
StregaMarlena

Post by StregaMarlena »

Hello Tessa78,
Thank you so much for your help! That document is the marriage record of my grandmother Vita Camilleri Nobile and grandfather Francesco Valenti. One of my cousins, on this Italiangen. site, got another record for Aug. 31st, same marriage. Vita's mother is listed as unknown on both the marriage record and her birth record. The father was deceased at the time of the marriage. Do you think that I can find a marriage record for the father Gioachino Camilleri Nobile, born 1842? Maybe it will show the woman's name, if he did marry her? Vita was born in 1871, so his marriage, if there was one, would probably be after that. How do people have access to all of these documents? Thank you again. I appreciate your help.
StregaMarlena
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

StregaMarlena wrote:Hello Tessa78,
Thank you so much for your help! That document is the marriage record of my grandmother Vita Camilleri Nobile and grandfather Francesco Valenti. One of my cousins, on this Italiangen. site, got another record for Aug. 31st, same marriage. Vita's mother is listed as unknown on both the marriage record and her birth record. The father was deceased at the time of the marriage. Do you think that I can find a marriage record for the father Gioachino Camilleri Nobile, born 1842? Maybe it will show the woman's name, if he did marry her? Vita was born in 1871, so his marriage, if there was one, would probably be after that. How do people have access to all of these documents? Thank you again. I appreciate your help.
StregaMarlena
Hello StregaMarlena :-)

The record you posted was the marriage. The record link I posted was the publication of the Banns (they look very similar) which names her guardian.

I searched, and I am sure adelfio :-D also searched, for a death record for Gioacchino Camilleri Nobile/Nobile Camilleri, from 1862 through 1888 but found none in Bivona.

IF he married the mother of Vita, most likely there would have been a recognition of the child as hers as part of the marriage. Consequently, her name would have appeared on the marriage record based on this recognition. My thoughts are that there was no marriage.

I think a look at the allegati (attachments to the marriage record) may be the best source for information.

The links above are from a FREE search site (http://www.familysearch.org) where you can search records online. Be aware that not all records are available online.
Some records can be viewed at your local Family History Center run by the LDS.

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

On Vita's birth record it says Gioacchino Nobile Camilleri age is 29 and the birth mother chose not to be named in the birth act
INDEX#84
PAGE LINK PG 1
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1683975473
PG LINK PG 2

The other thing you could do is look for another child with same surname and father looking through the birth indexes of Bivona on familysearch.org maybe more info on that birth act if there is another sibling
Italy, Agrigento, Sciacca...on (Tribunale), 1861-1929
Agrigento
Bivona
Nati 1862-1894
Image 1218 of 3092
The birth indexes the are about 100 pages apart between each year
1872 Birth Index PG LINK

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
StregaMarlena

Post by StregaMarlena »

Thank you, Tessa78 and Adelfio for your help. I will continue to search. I did join Familysearch.org, and so I will try to find more records. You have been very helpful!
StregaMarlena
Gypsyg

Post by Gypsyg »

Hey Marlene,

I also want to thank both Tessa78 & Adelfio for helping to find that information. It is very much appreciated. Marlene, if you need any search tips or have questions, call me... You have the number.

G.
Gina
Researching Roseti Macrino Gatto Guidi /Cassano Allo Ionio Cosenza Calabria
Valenti Nobile Cammarata Spatoro Colombo Cutro Ciccone Panepinto Ciccarello Bellomo Solce Pignalitti / Bivona Agrigento Sicily
Nobile Nobile Camilleri Augugliaro /Trapani
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Gypsyg wrote:Hey Marlene,

I also want to thank both Tessa78 & Adelfio for helping to find that information. It is very much appreciated. Marlene, if you need any search tips or have questions, call me... You have the number.

G.
G. and StregaMarlene :-)

Glad to help... it's what we do! :-D

T.
Gypsyg

Post by Gypsyg »

Tessa,

I am so appreciative of your help!!!! The searching is the hardest thing :(

Gina
Gina
Researching Roseti Macrino Gatto Guidi /Cassano Allo Ionio Cosenza Calabria
Valenti Nobile Cammarata Spatoro Colombo Cutro Ciccone Panepinto Ciccarello Bellomo Solce Pignalitti / Bivona Agrigento Sicily
Nobile Nobile Camilleri Augugliaro /Trapani