Rizzi family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PamellaRitz

Rizzi family

Post by PamellaRitz »

I am searching for information on Giovanni Rizzi, born 1889. Ellis Island records say that he was from Castellana. He changed his name to Sam Ritz. His sister Cecilia Rizzi came to the U.S. in 1920 from Casamassima. He also had a brother Joseph Rizzi that came to the U.S. Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pamella
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Rizzi family

Post by wldspirit »

Please be more specific in your request for info, this way, we avoid duplicating research you have already done.
wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Right wldspirit... ........................ and about
the Cecilia well joining at SAVERIO brother, and in Italy, in Casamassima was living the Francesco father.. for all info and documents about your ancestors, you can write in Casamassima city hall office, here are the just address:
http://www.comune.casamassima.ba.it/mod ... ge&pid=131
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
PamellaRitz

Post by PamellaRitz »

The only other info I have on Giovanni is that he came to the U.S. in 1904 at the age of 15. His father's name may have been Samuel & his mother Mattie Lea. I would like to know who his parents were & any sibblings that stayed in Italy. I do not know the Italian language, and am not sure where or how to search for information.

Thanks for you replies,
Pamella
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Pamela: on Cecilia RIZZI ship's manifest, the father was Francesco and the brother was Saverio: http://ellisisland.org/search/matchMore ... &dwpdone=1
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Here is a form letter for request of birth, marriage, and death acts.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
If you would like census info which may provide the year of naturalization, and additional infos on the family, we need the state in which they lived, name of spouse and children.
wldspirit
gmjeanette

Post by gmjeanette »

Pamella, not sure if this will help but I have some Rizzi's in my family tree. May be ancestors to yours, maybe not.

IDA RIZZI was born December 09, 1853 in Teggiano, Salerno, Italy, and died December 28, 1918 in McGregor, Aitkin, Minnesota. She married VITO GIORDANO in Teggiano, Salerno, Italy. He was born August 15, 1845 in Teggiano, Salerno, Italy, and died June 06, 1929 in McGregor, Aitkin, Minnesota.

Children of IDA RIZZI and VITO GIORDANO are:

BARBARA (GIORDANO)3 JORDAN, b. June 26, 1876, Teggiano, Salerno, Italy; d. November 03, 1925, Duluth, St. Louis, Minnesota.

MARY MICHELA GIORDANO, b. February 11, 1874, Teggiano, Salerno, Italy; d. June 23, 1930, Duluth, St. Louis, Minnesota.

FILOMENA (PHILOMENA) GIORDANO, b. June 04, 1879, New York, New York; d. January 14, 1966, Duluth,
St. Louis, Minnesota.

Not sure if this will help.

George
janedc

Post by janedc »

my grandfather was sam ritz (samuel). an italian miner in fayette, pa. in 1919. married anna shubeck. trying to find info about him
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Janedc I have SALVATORE RITZO (ellisisland.org) age 21 (born 1873) arriving July 27,1894 out of Napoli, married from town of origin Montecorice (SA) Campania. www.ellisisland.org for RITZO and www.castlegarden.org for RIZZO since same ship ELYSIA for both as well as date.

I suspect Ritzo mistyped onto ellisisland.org website from Rizzo. =Peter=
~Peter~
janedc

Post by janedc »

did this sam ritz move to pennsylvania and become a coal miner?