need help making connection

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Elite
Elite

need help making connection

Post by scraig32 »

Hello- i need help making the connection between this document and my family. The document contains the names of 2 of my ancestors. This is what I know already.

Michele Arcangelo Poce (4x great grandfather) married Rachelina Pinto . Rachelina died Dec 1, 1866. Rachelina's dad was Giulio Pinto (5x great grandfather) and her mother was Carmela Perilli (spelling ?). I am trying to figure out why the names Giulio Pinto and Carmela Perilli are in this document and how they would be related to my ancestors. Thank you so much for your help in translating this document.

My limited knowledge of Italian leads me to think that this is the marriage document of another one of Giulio and Carmela's daughters. So it would be the marriage cert of my ancestor's (Rachelina) sister.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1892004068
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: need help making connection

Post by erudita74 »

scraig32 wrote:Hello- i need help making the connection between this document and my family. The document contains the names of 2 of my ancestors. This is what I know already.

Michele Arcangelo Poce (4x great grandfather) married Rachelina Pinto . Rachelina died Dec 1, 1866. Rachelina's dad was Giulio Pinto (5x great grandfather) and her mother was Carmela Perilli (spelling ?). I am trying to figure out why the names Giulio Pinto and Carmela Perilli are in this document and how they would be related to my ancestors. Thank you so much for your help in translating this document.

My limited knowledge of Italian leads me to think that this is the marriage document of another one of Giulio and Carmela's daughters. So it would be the marriage cert of my ancestor's (Rachelina) sister.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1892004068
There are two marriage publications (not the actual marriage record-or atto di matrimonio) for the prospective groom, Girolamo Nicola Pasquale Pinto, age 34, single, a property owner, the son of Signor Giulio Pinto and Signora Carmela Perillo. The prospective bride was Saveria Coscia, age 19, single, the daughter of deceased Nicola Saverio Coscia, a peasant/farmer who died in this town, and Beatrice Bozzutto, a peasant/farmer in the town.

The first publication was dated Sunday the 6th, was posted on the door of the town hall, and remained in effect until Sunday the 13th of Oct, 1867, when it was replaced by the 2nd marriage publication. The second publication remained in effect for 3 days and was no longer in effect on the 17th, which is the date at the top of the second record.

The purpose of the publications was to insure that there was no opposition to the upcoming marriage. Once it was determined that there weren't any impediments, the marriage could then take place. The date of the actual marriage, if it did occur, is not given in these two records.

Erudita
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Re: need help making connection

Post by scraig32 »

thank you very much!