Translation of Michele Arcangelo Marriage Document

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Translation of Michele Arcangelo Marriage Document

Post by scraig32 »

Hello all, Thank you so much for all of your help. Because of it I have been searching through documents for more of my family in Carlantino. I believe I have found the marriage document of my 4x great grandfather and his second wife. I do not speak Italian but think I can make out that his first wife was Rachelina Pinto and that she died. If this is true then this is in fact my family. Could anyone please provide a translation of the document- I am looking for names, dates, cause of death etc,. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise. It is document #16 and it continues on the next page.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1892004068
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Translation of Michele Arcangelo Marriage Document

Post by erudita74 »

Records #16 through #18 are for the marriage publications of Michele Arcangelo Poce and Maria Turro

The prospective groom was a 44 year old widower, a shoemaker, the son of deceased Nicola Poce, shoemaker, and deceased Concetta Cosica, a peasnt/farmer, both of whom lived and died in this town.

The prospective bride as Maria Turro, single, 38 year old peasant/farmer, daughter of deceased Pietro Turro, peasant/farmer, and deceased Lucia Guerrera, same occupation, who had both lived and died in this town.

The prospective spouses wanted to be be united in matrimony and, to this end, were requiring that their marriage publications be made.

Michele Arcangelo presented the extract of his birth, which was relinquished from the official of the civil state of the town of Carlantino. He had been born on the 20th of Feb 1823. He also presented an extract of the death act of his preceding wife, Rachela Pinto, who had died on Dec 1, 1866. This record was also relinquished from the official of the official of the civil state of Carlantino.

Maria Turro presented the extract of her birth from the town of Carlantino. She was born on April 30, 1829.

The town official viewed these records which were then placed with the allegati of this register.

The first marriage publication was made on Sunday June 30, 1867 and remained in effect until it was replaced by the second publication on Sunday July 2nd (record #17).

The second publication remained in effect for three days and was removed from the door of the town hall on July 11th. (record #18).

The publications had resulted in there being no impediments to their marriage. The date of the actual marriage is not given in these records, nor is the cause of death of Rachela Pinto. It is very rare to find Italian civil death records with causes of death in them.

Erudita
scraig32
Elite
Elite

Re: Translation of Michele Arcangelo Marriage Document

Post by scraig32 »

Oh my! This is wonderful information that you have provided. This has given me the names of my 5x great grandparents as well as the birth date of my 4x great grandpa. Thank you more than words can say! I really appreciate you taking the time to provide me such detailed information.