Translation Help Please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Translation Help Please

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Looking at the following link can I please have LAROSSA MARIA INDEX NO 3 Death Act translated, (as fully as possible).

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1211340491

I’m somewhat puzzled by it. Thank you, Angela
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation Help Please

Post by Tessa78 »

This link is not working :-(

T.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Apologies. I'll try and work out what's happening here. Thank you for trying Tessa.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Apologies. I'll try and work out what's happening here. Thank you for trying Tessa.
Working now!

Record #3
Dated 3 August 1892 at 11:30 AM at the town office.
The official received yesterday a record relating to the death at 11 PM day before yesterday (1st ?) at Contrada Fontana, of Maria Larossa, age 35, peasant farmer, residing in SDG, born in SDG to Francesco Paolo, and to Rosalia De Milita; wife of Luigi Vertunni.

T.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Tessa78 wrote:
AngelaGrace56 wrote:Apologies. I'll try and work out what's happening here. Thank you for trying Tessa.
Working now!

Record #3
Dated 3 August 1892 at 11:30 AM at the town office.
The official received yesterday a record relating to the death at 11 PM day before yesterday (1st ?) at Contrada Fontana, of Maria Larossa, age 35, peasant farmer, residing in SDG, born in SDG to Francesco Paolo, and to Rosalia De Milita; wife of Luigi Vertunni.

T.
Thank you so much for persevering Tessa and for the translation. I really appreciate this. :D

I’ve googled Contrada Fontana and it is definitely a street in Grumento Nova. I had wondered whether she had died in another town as I had not come across this street name before. My understanding from the other records I have for Maria Larossa and Luigi Vertunni is that they lived at 380 via Peruzzo. Their chiildren’s birth records and Luigi’s death record all show this. (Their last babe Rosolia was born January 1892 and died the following year aged 18 months.)

My question is: might there have been a hospital at Contrada Fontana back in the late 1800s? Was there anything else written in this death act that might suggest this or how she died?

Thank you again. Angela
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Usually if someone died in a hospital, that would be mentioned in the death act.
There is no mention of a hospital in this act.

It does indicate that the local official received notice from "Signor Vice Pretore Comunale" - and it mentions something about the volume of allegati (attachments) in this register... No numbers or references...

FYI - Italian death records rarely indicate a cause of death.

T.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Tessa78 wrote:Usually if someone died in a hospital, that would be mentioned in the death act.
There is no mention of a hospital in this act.

It does indicate that the local official received notice from "Signor Vice Pretore Comunale" - and it mentions something about the volume of allegati (attachments) in this register... No numbers or references...

FYI - Italian death records rarely indicate a cause of death.

T.
Thanks for getting back to me and for all your help today Tessa. I really appreciate it. :D

Angela