Can anyone help identify this uniform?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Can anyone help identify this uniform?

Post by cdar1231 »

All,

My apologies to those of you who have already looked at this post :roll:. I realized that the subject line was very similar to another post so i'm reposting with a new subject line because i don't know how to edit the subject line in an already existing post. For those who HAVE already read this, Ettore and Enrico were brothers; this request is about ETTORE who is in the photo. Thank you again in advance for all help.

P.S. The writing on the photo has already been translated so i no longer need help on that.

All,

I am looking for some assistance in finding information on Ettore La Medica who is my 2nd great grand uncle. Above you will find a photo i have of him. This photo was given to my great uncle Louie when he went back to Italy for a visit. Ideally, i would appreciate help with the following: 1) What does the writing on the photo say, 2) What is the significance of the uniform Ettore is wearing 3) Birth, death, marriage records.

I know that Ettore was from Torremaggiore, Foggia. I know he was the son of Luigi La Medica and Amalia Maria Elisabetta Romano. I also know that he married Josephine and had a least one son, Luigino. I don't know when he was born but it should have been in the 1860s or 1870s -- and that is based on his brothers and sisters.

Thanks much in advance,

chris
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Can anyone help identify this uniform?

Post by cdar1231 »

cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

Leaving the uniform aside, is anyone able to help on any of the other items? :roll:
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

If no information can be found on Ettore, does anyone have any suggestions as to why? I know, for example, that he didn't die in infancy because of the photo. I also know he never came to the US. Is it possible that because of his uniform he was in the army and was on the wrong side of WWII? Would the government destroy records of people who fought/worked for Mussolini?
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

I'm making one last plea for any kind of assistance finding information on Ettore....Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Could you please summarize what has been found so far about him? (Birth date and place, parents...)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

I am looking for some assistance in finding information on Ettore La Medica who is my 2nd great grand uncle. Above you will find a photo i have of him. This photo was given to my great uncle Louie when he went back to Italy for a visit. Ideally, i would appreciate help with the following: 1) What does the writing on the photo say, 2) What is the significance of the uniform Ettore is wearing 3) Birth, death, marriage records.

I know that Ettore was from Torremaggiore, Foggia. I know he was the son of Luigi La Medica and Amalia Maria Elisabetta Romano. I also know that he married Josephine and had a least one son, Luigino. I don't know when he was born but it should have been in the 1860s or 1870s -- and that is based on his brothers and sisters.
Hi PippoM,

The above is all i know and no one has responded yet with additional information. I'm sorry the details are so scarce.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

chris
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043436
Italy, Foggia, Lucera, Ci...on (Tribunale), 1866-1910FoggiaTorremaggiore
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :n17293522

Luigi Lamedica, "Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Immigration Cards, 1900-1965"
Name: Luigi Lamedica
Event Type: Immigration
Event Date: 1953
Marital Status: Single
Nationality: Italy
Birth Date: 01 Jan 1924
Birthplace: Torremaggiore
Father's Name: Ettore Lamedica
Mother's Name: Maria Fondacaro
Traveling With Children: No
Digital Folder Number: 004781825
Image Number: 00126
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your time and assistance. I have not looked at the first link you sent but the second with immigration to Brazil is very interesting but at this point I have no evidence to believe it's a correct record for my family. Will need to keep looking. Thank you again!

-c
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

Michael,

I just had a chance to look at the Brazil record and i was shocked to see that it IS, in fact, Ettore's son. I recognize him from a photo of him that i have. I had no idea that he had gone to Brazil. Thank you so much for this very unexpected find!!!

chris
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

All,

I am making one last appeal for any information on Ettore or his uniform. The information from Michael about Ettore's son Luigi was very interesting and unexpected (Thank you again, Michael!!! :D)

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance,

chris