Italian Genealogy Assistance

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Mram2249

Italian Genealogy Assistance

Post by Mram2249 »

Hello All,

My name is Michael and I am new to the forum. I have been researching my Italian family heritage for the past couple of years and have come to the point where I need some insight. I am looking to find birth, marriage, death, and immigration records for my italian ancestors. I have some solid information through my family members and sites like ancestry.com and familysearch.org. I know now that I need the experience and expertise of fellow genealogists who know how to navigate italian records. So, here it goes!

My Great Grandmother's name was Rosa Palo (Born June 1897). She emigrated from the Port of Naples on the S.S. Manuel Calvo and arrived in the Port Of New York on July 12, 1910.
She was traveling with her brother Lorenzo Palo (Born April 19 1900-1902?) and her Mother Maria Luigia Carrafiello (Born March 13 1875). Rosa and Lorenzo's Fathers' name was Victor Palo. All we know about Victor is he did not accompany them to the United States. We believe he may have died in Italy before they left.

From the records we have found, we believe Rosa and Lorenzo were born in either Salerno or Montecorvino Rovella. We also know that Maria Luiga's Fathers' name was Giovanni Carrafiello and her Mother's name was Mary Ezzo.

My Great Grandfather's name was Samuel Long. He was born in the United States. Samuel's Father was Francesco Paolo Longhi (Born May 22 1866) in Agnone, Isernia, Italy. Francesco emigrated to the United States sometime in 1892. Samuel's Mother was Maria Domenica Raimondo (Born October 26 1873). Birthplace unknown, Italy. We know that Francesco's parents are Sante and Rosa Longhi of Agnone, Isernia, Italy. Maria Domenica's Father is Louis Raimondo of unknown, Italy.

I do have some documents that could help. For some reason I can't upload them to the Italian Genealogy website forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for this site. I am learning a lot just by reading it.

Sincerely,

Michael
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Italian Genealogy Assistance

Post by adelfio »

My Great Grandmother's name was Rosa Palo (Born June 1897). She emigrated from the Port of Naples on the S.S. Manuel Calvo and arrived in the Port Of New York on July 12, 1910.
She was traveling with her brother Lorenzo Palo (Born April 19 1900-1902?) and her Mother Maria Luigia Carrafiello (Born March 13 1875). Rosa and Lorenzo's Fathers' name was Victor Palo. All we know about Victor is he did not accompany them to the United States. We believe he may have died in Italy before they left.
Shipmanifest list her as a widow

PG LINK TO MANIFEST 2PGS LINE 14
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0014

The records of Montecorvino Rovella haven't been filmed by Family History Library yet so you will have to write email or fax for your request

Ufficio Anagrafe e Stato Civile
Comune di Montecorvino Rovella
Piazza Padre Giovanni Da Montecorvino
84096 Montecorvino Rovella (SA)
Italy
e-mail ufficio.ragioneria@comune.montecorvinorovella.sa.it
Fax 089808233

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Rosa Palo

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Montecorvino Rovella. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di questa persona:
Nome e cognome : Rosa Palo
Nome e cognome del padre: Victor Palo
Nome e cognome della madre:Maria Luigia Carrafiello
Luogo di nascita:Montecorvino Rovella
Data di nascita: 1897
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio o l’estratto completo dell’atto di matrimonio di Victor Palo e Maria Luigia Carrafiello

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Montecorvino Rovella. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del marito:Victor Palo
Nome e cognome della moglie:Maria Luigia Carrafiello
Luogo di matrimonio: Montecorvino Rovella
Data di matrimonio:1893-1896
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.

YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Mram2249

Re: Italian Genealogy Assistance

Post by Mram2249 »

Thanks Marty. Emails sent.
Have the records for Salerno been filmed by the family history library yet?
On the ship manifest, under Giovanni Carrafiello's name a town is written. I assume it is where Giovanni is from or currently living. I can't make it out. Can you?

thanks

Michael