Rosaria D'Aprile

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Rosaria D'Aprile

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

I found a death record for a child of my great-great-great grandparents. However, I am not sure of the first name. It looks like Rosaria to me, but I am just not sure.

Here is the link:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1371190374

I translated:
Death: November 27, 1886
parents: late Filippo D'Aprile and late Giuseppa Mondello.

I also would like to ask another questions about the name Aprile. I have seen this family referred to Aprile and D'Aprile. Why is this and exactly what would the correct surname be?

Please correct any mistakes and let me know what you think the first name is. Also, does the record state what she died of?

Thank you in advance for your time.
:?:
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Rosaria D'Aprile

Post by Tessa78 »

ItalianbellaSA wrote:I found a death record for a child of my great-great-great grandparents. However, I am not sure of the first name. It looks like Rosaria to me, but I am just not sure.
The first name is Maria :-) If you look at the record above it, and specifically the second witness to the record at the bottom, you will see ROSARIO - and you can distiniguish the difference in the "Ro" from the "M" in Maria... You can even reference the "M" in Mondello :-)

Here is the link:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1371190374

I translated:
Death: November 27, 1886 This is the date of the record. The death occurred "ieri" (yesterday) on the 26th at 6:05 PM
parents: late Filippo D'Aprile and late Giuseppa Mondello. Yes

I also would like to ask another questions about the name Aprile. I have seen this family referred to Aprile and D'Aprile. Why is this and exactly what would the correct surname be?
This link may provide some insight
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... fixes.html

Please correct any mistakes and let me know what you think the first name is. Also, does the record state what she died of?

Thank you in advance for your time.
:?:
T.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Thank you! I thought the first letter was an "R". I wasn't sure that is why I questioned it. Thank you.

So the surname is really Aprile. D'Aprile means from the family of Aprile? Was there a place named Aprile in Sicily?

I am sorry, I am just full of questions as I don't want to miss anything! I am like a sponge, just soaking up all this information. It is so fascinating - and this is my family! I just love doing genealogy! And, I thank all for your help and patience with me!
It is hoped that the research I am doing helps to discover, preserve and celebrate my family history.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

It is probable that at some point you will find that your ancestor line will end with an abandoned baby. Aprile is the name of the month of April and it was often given to babies abandoned in that month.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
ItalianbellaSA
Elite
Elite

Post by ItalianbellaSA »

Wow! That is interesting. I did wonder if the name had something to do with the month of April. Thanks for that insight.

Sue Antista
ItalianbellaSA