Atti di Matrimonio e Morte

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TexasJon

Atti di Matrimonio e Morte

Post by TexasJon »

I recently received an Atto di Matrimonio (of my great-great-great grandparents). I've looked at resources on the web (and even bought a few books), but I'm unable to decipher the handwritten letters.

I also received my great-great-great grandfather's Atto di Morte, which is even more difficult to read.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Link to atti:
http://imgur.com/NkBI8FU,aSJWUUE
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Atti di Matrimonio e Morte

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the translation of the marriage act.

Dated 12 June 1892 at 10:40 AM at the town office in Gallese
Appearing before the official, Francesco Massa...
1 - Giuseppe Bianchi, age 22, peasant farmer born and residing in Gallese; son of Luigi residing in Gallese, and of deceased Rosa Boldrini(?) who resided in Gallese.
AND
2 - Giumera(?) Buti, age 19, peasant farmer born and residing in Gallese; daughter of deceased Cesare and of living Cesarina Panni who resided in Gallese.
Witnesses to the record: Domenico Massa, 33, landowner; Pietro Trastulli, 34, blacksmith.
Publications of the Banns of marriage were made on 29 May and 5th of June.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The Death Act...
This is what I see -

Giuseppe Bianchi
Husband of Giumera Buti
Dated 24 February 1894 at 3 PM at the town office
That day the official in Gallese received from the Mayor of Rome, an act of death that he transcribed exactly below:
Comune of Rome, Vital records, Act of Death year 1894, #189, Series C, Part 2a
On day 9 of February of 1894 the Official in Rome received from the Director of S. Spirito Hospital… a notice of death that he wrote into the register #62, Series E, Part II, Volume I… that at the hospital at 4 PM on the 6th of the current month died Giuseppe Bianchi, age 23, peasant farmer residing in Gallese, born in Gallese to Luigi residing in Gallese, and to deceased Rosa Boldrini who resided in Gallese in her lifetime; spouse of Giumera Buti.
The present copy of the record conforms with the original.
Dated Rome, 10 February 1894
The [local] official transcribed this into the allegati [attachments] of this register.

T.
TexasJon

Post by TexasJon »

Thanks very much for your help with the translation.

The name 'Giumera' is one I haven't seen before. In fact, I was expecting 'Francesca.'

Could you help with the translation of two additional extracts?
They should be:
(1) the birth record of Giuseppe Bianchi (son of the person mentioned in the certificates posted at the start of this thread) and
(2) the death record of 'Francesa' Buti (but looks like Giumera).

Links:
http://i.imgur.com/iAnxwOs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6nWKCJ7.jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

TexasJon wrote:Thanks very much for your help with the translation.

The name 'Giumera' is one I haven't seen before. In fact, I was expecting 'Francesca.'

Could you help with the translation of two additional extracts?
They should be:
(1) the birth record of Giuseppe Bianchi (son of the person mentioned in the certificates posted at the start of this thread) and
(2) the death record of 'Francesa' Buti (but looks like Giumera).
I am also unfamiliar with the given name Giumera - and on the birth record she is identified as FRANCESCA :?

Birth #30
Dated 8 July 1894 at 3:20 PM at the town office in Gallese
Appearing before the official was Lucrezia Orlandi, 54 year old midwife residing in Gallese, to declare that at 1 PM on the 7th of the current month at the place at Via S. Lorenzo, to FRANCESCA BUTI, peasant farmer residing here, widow of Giuseppe Bianchi, a peasant farmer who resided here, was born a male child who she presented to the official and to whom was given the name GIUSEPPE
Witnesses to the record: Domenico Massa, 35, clerk; Giuseppe Pace, 50, middleclass.

The midwife made the presentation in place of the husband of Francesca Buti because he died 6 February of the current year.

Death Act

Dated 8 December 1941
Appearing before the official was Giovanni Tozzi, son of Nicola, age 45, worker, who presented testimony of Montamino(?) Spiga, son of deceased Vincenzo, age 39, blacksmith; and Umberto Santini, son of deceased Domenico, age 49, laborer; that on 8 December 1941 at 3:30 AM at Via delle Corsi #8, died GIUMERA BUTI, age 68, resident of Gallese, housewife born in Gallese to deceased Cesare and deceased Cesarina Panni; spouse of Nicola Tozzi.

The notations in the left column have nothing to do with the deceased. They are the notations of the official as he closes the book of deaths for that year.

T.
lathompson
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lathompson »

I am related to Giumera Buti. I saw the graves when I was in Gallese this past March. Our common ancestors are her parents.