Italian Citizrnship Name Help

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
BSolari

Italian Citizrnship Name Help

Post by BSolari »

I have all the dcuments ready to present to the consulate. However, there is one discrepincy. On my grandfather's birth certificate, ther are three names written: Luigi Battista Davide. On his immigration forms there is written Luigi Battista, and then on other forms, Luigi. I have documentation stating his change from Luigi Battista to Luigi, but nothing on Luigi Battista Davide to Luigi Battista. HOWEVER, on his birth certificate and death certificate his mother's and father's names are listed.
This shows lineage, does it not? My appointment with the consulate isn't for some time, but I just wanted to get opinions on this.
Thanks.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Italian Citizrnship Name Help

Post by suanj »

Hi: I think that no problem for you, because in Italy the 1° first name is the legal first name ... if the relative names are right, and the birth date are right.. no problem for you.. just an my opinion.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH