Sicilian Death Doc Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
YborCity0801

Sicilian Death Doc Translation

Post by YborCity0801 »

Hello,
I finally was able to upload an image to imageshack (thanks for the info VaDeb). I would very much appreciate help with translating 2 death documents from Sicily. They are related because the people died at same time and were related. Since the deaths were unusual the documents are handwritten. Please see the links below.

Someone attempted to translate but was not able to finish. The information that I have so far is that on Nov 28, 1855, Filippo Guarino (son of Pellegrino and husband of Antonia Troncale) and Pellegrino Guarino (Son of Filippo and Antonia) , father and son, died while working? on Santa Rosalia’s property in Ribera. I would like to get any other information that may be of interest/assistance to me in my genealogical research-- how did they die, what is their profession, etc?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

The “aâ€Â
Andrea1974

Re: Sicilian Death Doc Translation

Post by Andrea1974 »

Ciao,
i think there's written that he's dead because "per essere caduto un pezzo di miniera" that it means "bacause a part of the mine crashed" and than there's written also "professione minatore". He was 45 years old and the part your friend didn't transalte is "Filippo Guarino di anni 45" that mean he was 45 years old
ciao
Andrea
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Filippo Guarino and Antonia Truncale's daughter (and Pellegrino's sister) Anna was married to my 5th cousin Girolamo Carubia. I have extensive records for the Guarino family and thousands of other relatives from Ribera.
YborCity0801

Post by YborCity0801 »

Thank you so much for the interest. I've been away from active research for some time now. But I intended to resume soon. So when I received a notification that someone had responded to a request I posted 9 years ago, I took it as a sign that the time was now to start again. If it's ok, I will contact you when I review all my research.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

Feel free to PM me. I can give you access to my tree on Ancestry as well.