Latin name translation
Latin name translation
Does anyone know the latin translation of the names Sandolfie and Aephanus to Italian?
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Latin name translation
Could you please post the document(s) where you found these names? I believe they are misspelled and maybe Aephanus is Stephanus
Re: Latin name translation
I think you are right. I showed a friend and he thinks it is Stephanus. And he thinks the other is Gandolfi or Gandolfo.
Re: Latin name translation
Latin endings are case specific.
Male names
Nominative (subject of a sentence) end in -us
Genitive (denotes possession..of) end in -i
Accusative (object of a sentence) end in -um
Dative (indirect object) or Ablative (object of a preposition) end in -o
As a guess in the document you're referencing it might be "Stephanus, fig(lius) Gandolfi"--Stephanus, son of Gandolfus. If you could post an image to the document, we might be able to determine the correct translation.
Biff
Male names
Nominative (subject of a sentence) end in -us
Genitive (denotes possession..of) end in -i
Accusative (object of a sentence) end in -um
Dative (indirect object) or Ablative (object of a preposition) end in -o
As a guess in the document you're referencing it might be "Stephanus, fig(lius) Gandolfi"--Stephanus, son of Gandolfus. If you could post an image to the document, we might be able to determine the correct translation.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Latin name translation
Biff,
I think you are correct. I have compared letters with other entries and have determined the names are Gandolfus or Gandolfo in Italian and Stephanus. Thanks
I think you are correct. I have compared letters with other entries and have determined the names are Gandolfus or Gandolfo in Italian and Stephanus. Thanks
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Latin name translation
Stephanus in Italian is Stefano
