Buscema Modica

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
FFarruggia

Buscema Modica

Post by FFarruggia »

Hello All,

I have been coming up empty with all of my searches of my Great Grandfather Joseph F. Buscema. I have his marriage certificate (a US document) which states that his parents were Vincenzo Buscema and Salvatora from Modica. He was born in 1889. I know he had at least one brother "Pete" who I may have tracked down but his line doesn't provide me with any help either. Pete became a priest at some point but there hasn't been anything in my results that suggest where or when. When I searched out Pietro Buscema on the Ellis Island site I have come up with a hit, which corresponds to a family story of when he visited Cincinnati. He lists his mother on the manifest as "Failla Salvatora". She doesn't come up in any searches at all.

Any help you can provide would be most welcome. It seems that Modica records are less complete or less available via the internet than my other origin city of Aragona.

Thank you.

Frank Farruggia
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Buscema Modica

Post by adelfio »

Frank I thing you might have to go and order the Family History Libarary films of Registri dello stato civile di Modica (Ragusa), 1820-1899 Births, marriages, banns, marriage documents, deaths, ten-year index and get their birth records and parents info ther are better records on film of Modica

PG LINK TO FILMS
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
FFarruggia

Re: Buscema Modica

Post by FFarruggia »

Ah, The pricetag of knowledge. So far I have enjoyed the labors of others provided free on the web. Too bad these microfiche haven't been scanned up yet. Do you know if they offer discounts for providing services such as uploading the scans?

Regardless, Thank you for your efforts on this as well as my last posts.

Sincerely,
Frank