Need Latin Translation 1851 Death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Need Latin Translation 1851 Death

Post by bluefairy79 »

Need translation for Vito Librino La Greca should be the Second one on the photo.Thanks...

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Need Latin Translation 1851 Death

Post by liviomoreno »

Vito La Greca Librino, son of deceased Pasquale, died aged 80 years, on Jan 10 1851
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

Thank you so much, can i get a full translation i think he belonged to a different church before his death
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

I can't translate every word, but after the father's name I see et Gratia (and Grazia followed by something I can't decipher). So Grazia (Grace) may have been the mother's first name. Then I see omnibus sacramentis-all the sacraments. So the deceased had received all of the Sacraments. Sometimes in Latin death records, the specific sacraments are named. Then I see R. Aloysio Manciapane, which is the priest's name. His first name is Luigi in Italian. It appears that the church was S. Maria.

Hope this helps.
Erudita
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

To get a full translation post in the following forum: http://www.tuttogenealogia.it/modules.p ... file=index
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

Thank you both so much...very helpful
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

bluefairy79 wrote:Thank you both so much...very helpful
You're very welcome. I forgot to add that "hac vita migravit"- which appears at the beginning of the next to the last line means "from this life departed."

Erudita
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

Quick question i'm having a hard time locating his birth and so on. Can i find the communion record instead it says that he received all his sacreaments with the holy mother church and that is san nicolo how old were they when they got this done. His son Vito says the same thing only that he was buried in san Maria di gesu.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

bluefairy79 wrote:Quick question i'm having a hard time locating his birth and so on. Can i find the communion record instead it says that he received all his sacreaments with the holy mother church and that is san nicolo how old were they when they got this done. His son Vito says the same thing only that he was buried in san Maria di gesu.
I've only seen Confirmation records in some towns and not records for sacraments like Holy Communion, Penance, and the Last Rites or Extreme Unction. Confirmation records are called Cresime. Also there may be large periods of times between these records, depending upon when the bishop was able to get to the town in question to administer the sacrament. Because of the long time periods between his visits to a particular town, you often find infants to even 30 year olds being administered the sacrament on the same day. In one of my ancestral towns, many members of a single family received the sacrament on the same day.

Erudita
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

wow i didn't know that, i learn something new everyday..So i guess it's back to the drawing board, finding another way around it or contacted both churches and see what comes up.