Research help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
aviano8587

Research help

Post by aviano8587 »

Can anyone help or give suggestions on how I go about getting a copy of an birth record for Switzerland when the name of town/village and canton is unknown. I know the month/day/year of birth.

Netti
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Research help

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Did the person come to the USA?
How about a name and dates see if we can get a birth town

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
aviano8587

Post by aviano8587 »

Hi Marty,
Thank you for your reply,
Carmela D'aveni was born October 15, 1901, her parents are from Novara di Sicilia, province of Messina, Sicily, she came to the U.S. at the age of 5 with her parents and 2 siblings in July of 1905, on the S.S. Roma, departing from Naples w/arrival at N.Y., the ship manifest states last residence was Novara. U.S. Census records, marriage record and petition for naturalization all state born in Switzerland.
Netti
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Heres the birth information of Carmela D'aveni looks like it says Brigue Rue I don't know the towns in Switzerland
INDEX#16
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :715608660

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
aviano8587

Post by aviano8587 »

thank you so much for your kindness and thoughtfulness in finding the birth record on Carmela D'aveni. Am I safe to assume that other birth records of her 2 sisters would be recorded in the same way? in the commune of Novara di Sicilia even though their births took place somewhere else in Italy, her sister Giuseppina D'Aveni was born 17 Jul 1896 in Palermo, Italy, not sure what town, and Rosa D'Aveni was born 22 Aug 1903 in Useli Italy (not sure if this is spelled correctly, this spelling came from a petition for naturalization).
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Rosa D'Aveni daughter of Giuseppe D'Aveni and Maria Scardino 1903 Aug 24th in the town of Trasquera comune in the Province of Verbano-Cusio-Ossola
PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :715608660

Marty

Marty
aviano8587

Post by aviano8587 »

Your time and consideration is greatly appreciated in finding the birth record on Rosa D'Aveni,
YOU ARE AWESOME........... many many thanks.
Netti