Looking for San Lorenzo

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Liberati
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for San Lorenzo

Post by Liberati »

My Italian ancestors were primarily from the L'Aquila area. I have seen that documented in government records. Anyways, I have been told that many of these same relatives were born and raised in San Lorenzo. However, I have noticed that there are several San Lorenzos on Italy. Is there one near the L'Aquila/Rieti area? Thanks!
Interested in the surnames Liberati, Altiero, and Gulfo. Also interested in Italy during World War II.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Looking for San Lorenzo

Post by Tessa78 »

Liberati wrote:My Italian ancestors were primarily from the L'Aquila area. I have seen that documented in government records. Anyways, I have been told that many of these same relatives were born and raised in San Lorenzo. However, I have noticed that there are several San Lorenzos on Italy. Is there one near the L'Aquila/Rieti area? Thanks!
Two possibilities... (these are small hamlets of the comunes listed)

San Lorenzo, comune of Pizzoli, L'Aquila, Abruzzo

San Lorenzo di Collalto Sabino, comune of Collalto Sabino, Rieti, Lazio

T.
CEV426

Re: Looking for San Lorenzo

Post by CEV426 »

I just happened to stumble on this post. Since I know the surnames of Pizzoli very well, I can tell you that the surname Gulfo doesn't ring any bells. I can't be too sure about Liberati. It's not one of the top 20-30 names there.