help with translation of birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
misschristi16
Master
Master

help with translation of birth record

Post by misschristi16 »

Any help translating would be greatly appreciated. For Francesco Ciampa, upper right corner. Son of VitoNicola and Margherita Pinto

Thanks!

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1509633512
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: help with translation of birth record

Post by Tessa78 »

misschristi16 wrote:Any help translating would be greatly appreciated. For Francesco Ciampa, upper right corner. Son of VitoNicola and Margherita Pinto

Thanks!

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1509633512
Record #14
Dated 31 March 1871 at 5 PM at the town office
Before the official appeared Vitonicola Ciampa, son of Giovanni, age 32, peasant farmer born and residing in Rapone, to present a male child who he declared was born on day 30 of the month of March at 1 PM to his wife Margarita Pinto, daughter of deceased Donato, residing with her husband at the place they inhabit in this town at Strada Santasofia, and this child was given the name FRANCESCO
Witnesses to the record: Nicola Savone of deceased Pietro, 50; and Domenico di Paola of deceased Michelangelo, 60; both peasant farmers residing in Rapone.

T.
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

My ggrandparents names were Vito Nicola Ciampa, son of Domenico, and Margarita Pinto (I will double check spelling with my records), daughter of Donato. Makes it confusing with so many names the same or really close. The margarita above has a father named Donato, also.
How do you figure out who is the right one? How do I know that my g-grandfathers father is Domenico with so many names being the same.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

It might just be a transcription error when the act was written down. Or you might have a wrong info. How do you know your GGGF was Domenico? Do you have documents, or were you told this from family stories?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

I have birth documents of Donato Ciampa (translated in my other posts on this forum). I also have his wedding document. I wish I had stories from my family, unfortunately, we did not hear much about the Italian Family--and they are all gone now.

I started our tree 3/4 years ago, going off info we did know and only try to follow solid facts. So, when I search records and find VitoNicola and Margarita pinto, I just assume it is related--until I see Giovanni listed as the father of VitoNicola. According to the records I have, his fathers name is Domenico. Could they have made that kind of mistake somewhere?

I have found that Pinto's and Ciampas were popular names in Rapone. In one year, there were 15 Pinto's born! And, My grandfather is a Ciampa, and married a Pinto, just as his grandfather did. And, My grandmother Pinto had a Ciampa as a grandmother!! Makes a confusing tree! :-)